With 2016 revenues of approximately $10.9 billion, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947, the company now has nearly 54,000 employees that help us prosper in diverse industries by holding true to our values and culture. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, our global network spans more than 230+ offices in countries across North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, Africa and Asia. The company’s service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting.
The Technical Services Manager will be part of the Jacobs Field Services management team. In this leadership role, the Technical Services Manager will interact with Jacobs sites, clients, and engineering offices to ensure successful management of all technical services functions in accordance with established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company.
The Technical Services Manager will be part of the Jacobs Field Services Team and will functionally report to the Site Manager and administratively to the Director, Global Technical Services.
- Possesses supervisory/lead responsibility over a group of technical staff on very large projects.
- Further responsibilities include the liaison with the engineering firm for the project, and preparation of executive reports, initiation of progress reporting systems and interfacing with client representatives.
- Provides constructability to engineering.
- Observes site conditions in order to call for any necessary design changes.
- Checks levels and positions of existing structures and pipelines shown in the contract and reports discrepancies to the project's Registered Engineer.
- Designs such works as may be delegated to him by the Registered Engineer.
- Acts as the channel of communications with the Contractor on all matters relevant to the satisfactory completion of the works under the contract.
- Supervises the works to ensure that they are carried out in accordance with the contract.
- Supervises in general the methods adopted by the Contractor for the execution of the works undertaken by him in order to ensure the satisfactory execution.
- Checks that all notices and wayleaves are arranged in a timely manner.
- Ensures that there is no delay in providing the Contractor with full information required for the ordering of Prime Cost Items.
- Supervises and records any tests of materials.
- Ensures that up-to-date record drawings are produced.
- Ensures that progress photographs are taken and maintained.
- Maintains careful notes of all disputes arising out of the interpretation of the contract so that, if necessary, the form of contract and specification can be amended for similar future works.
- Assures implementation of the company's Safety Policy.
- Notifies the Contractor and others of any hazardous situations.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in industrial construction and/or maintenance field required specializing in lifting and rigging
- Major project experience on complex and heavy mechanical experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience
- Direct hire construction delivery, with lump-sum EPC work preferred
- BS/MS in construction or engineering preferred
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Luling
Job Posting: Sep 26, 2017, 7:43:13 PM