CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an entry level Electrical Engineer based in our Pittsburgh, PA office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
This entry-level position will be a member of our multi-disciplinary team. Projects include new construction and renovation in educational, healthcare, sports, corporate commercial and science and technology. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Electrical design of lighting, power distribution and communication systems including fire alarm systems.
- Preparation of documents and reports from concept design through advanced technical design documentation.
- Assist in the review and markup of shop drawing submittals.
- Recommend ways to improve process, quality and coordination efforts.
- May visit job site to verify existing conditions and observe construction progress. Site visits frequently require a physical walk-through of site.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor of Architectural Engineering (Electrical Systems focus) by hire date. Coursework in building systems engineering. Related student internship work experience preferred. Experience in computer applications for engineering design programs (i.e. Revit MEP, SKM Power Tools) preferred. E.I.T., LEED accreditation preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively handle multiple projects.