PMP Project Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Legal Services
A Fortune 500 Company in Manhattan is seeing a minimum 6 - 12 Months Project Manager: MUST HAVE MANAGED MULTIPLE PROJECTS FROM START TO FINISH. MUST HAVE A PMP OR ACP THROUGH PMI (Project Management Institute)
As a Project Manager reporting into the Global Project Management Office, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day project activities of projects assigned to you from the firm’s Technology Capital Project Portfolio. This entails initiating, planning, executing, and finalizing projects according to the project requirements; assigning/managing technology resources; and coordinating efforts of team members and third-party contractors/consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan and within budget.
You will define objectives and complete all documentation as required by the SDLC and required artifacts defined by the Global PMO as part of the Project Management Framework.
You will continually assess and report on the health of the project(s) and will act as the single point of escalation for resolving issues that arise throughout the life of the project.
- Lead and facilitate meetings with project stakeholders from all levels
- Manage vendors and team members in a matrix organization
- Work closely with the technology and other departments (Marketing, HR, Finance, Knowledge Management, etc.) at the firm.
- Manage the entire Project Management Life Cycle for new projects as well as transition to the Project Manager from existing projects that are currently in flight.
- Scope Management, Dependency Management, Risk Management, Issue Management, Stakeholder Management, Cost/Financial Management
- Identify, track and resolve project risks/issues using best practice problem-solving techniques
- Develop and manage project schedules using MS Project and the firm’s Project Portfolio Management Tool (WorkFront).
- Manage high-visibility projects that have firm wide impact
- Manage and communicate with project team members that are cross-functional and located globally
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experienced in managing cross-functional project teams and high-visibility projects
· Strong meeting facilitation skills
· Strong presentation skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented; Ability to multitask
- Excellent problem solving skills and risk mitigation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio)
- Strong understanding of Waterfall and/or Agile Project Management Methodology
- Prefers someone with PMP or ACP through PMI (Project Management Institute)
- Bachelor in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
- Minimum 5-8years project management experience in a corporate environment
- Someone with understanding of working withtechnology areas (Infrastructure, Security, Training, Support, Application Development etc.,)