Integrity, Employee Ownership, Long-Term View, and Customer Focus are not just words, but the key values that have sustained Graybar for over 147 years. As one of the leading employee-owned companies in North America, our commitment to these values has resulted in being voted one of the Top Work Places by our employees in multiple cities across the US.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Marketing, this position is responsible for creating Graybar’s go-to-market strategy and overseeing execution for the entire portfolio of offerings, including products, services and solutions across all channels including digital. This role collaborates heavily with product management, pricing, and solutions services leadership.
- Translate Graybar’s business objectives, market opportunities and portfolio of offerings into a formal, cohesive go-to-market architecture. Partner with Sales leaders to design an aligned set of strategies, tactics and resources that achieve corporate objectives.
- Create a sales enablement plan and oversee marketing contributions to drive sales’ adoption of this portfolio.
- Provide insight and support to senior leadership to inform the identification and development of new offerings (products, solutions or services). Deliver increased profitability through effective marketing campaigns and new customers.
- Build the go-to-market plan to support and grow the portfolio of offerings, including prioritizing and aligning target audiences, developing effective messaging and building content across all communication channels.
- Understand target buyer needs, market trends and the competitive landscape.
- Oversee internal resources and external agencies tasked with creating effective content for Web sites, campaigns and sales enablement.
- Provide leadership, direction and mentoring to guide marketing staff in both strategic and tactical, day to day activities.
- Formalize processes, measurement tools and reporting structure to support Company goals. Manage the hiring, development and retention of marketing talent.
- A minimum of ten years of professional B2B marketing experience, including 5+ years of leadership experience directing a diverse marketing team and overseeing a complex marketing budget in a large, multi-site organization.
- Demonstrated success influencing C-level executives and cross-functional leaders. Strong business acumen and ability to navigate culture and politics across multiple functions to establish buy-in for marketing strategy.
- Strong background in business analytics, measurements and dashboards. Demonstrated ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations. Knowledge of traditional and digital outreach marketing channels and campaigns.
- Analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated people management skills, including the ability to build and grow a team with multiple priorities, projects, programs and objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field. MBA strongly preferred.