Capital MarketsRisk Management (CMRM) is a valued and trusted business partner, managing strong and effective relationships across TD Securities (TDS), TDBG and regulators to advance business objectives in accordance with TD’sRisk Appetite.
CMRM supports TD’srisk culture by providing independent advice andquantitative support on market and creditrisks, results and business strategies.
Additionally, the group effectively, efficiently and independently executes the following for market, credit and liquidityrisks while ensuring disciplined change management, data governance, project governance and process management, in accordance with policy:
- Daily reporting of P&L by business including P&L attribution
- Reporting of relevant Risk metrics
- Execution of independent valuation process
- Execution of collateral processes in accordance with contractual arrangements
- Execution of accounting and operations processes specific to the SAG, CSG, Energy and RMT businesses
- Provide market, credit and liquidity data to support Risk functions
Through the items outlined above, CMRM is constantly working to develop a highly effective and respected team that operates in a manner consistent with the Guiding Principles.
The primary accountabilities of the Manager,Risk, P&LReporting, Residential MortgageTrading& TBSM are:
- Manage a team of analysts and senior analysts through the daily monitoring, analysis and reporting of P&L & Attribution, Market Risk, Credit Risk, and Supporting Operations
- Lead team to ensure all riskreports are submitted as per reporting guidelines.
- Provide guidance on analysis of risk exposure and adhere to CMRM Standard with regards to violations and escalation of production issues
- Oversee the reconciliation of daily P&L and position reports to front office P&L estimates or other system reports and obtain Front Office P&L sign-off
- Where applicable, complete end of period accounting, reconciliations, and reporting
- Review current processes and pro-actively make changes or propose initiatives to improve efficiencies in order to provide more effective business support.
- Ensure risks within portfolios covered are correctly measured, aggregated, and analyzed in accordance with established and approved market risk policies
- Execute infrastructure changes with regards to implementation of new or revised market policies or processes and ensure that changes are executed in accordance with CMRM change control procedures and EUC standards.
- Liaise closely with the Bank’s front office traders, market risk control, audit, technology groups, and other stakeholders to assist in meeting the Bank’s objectives.
- Ensure internal control processes are adequate and documented appropriately as per the CMRM Standards.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses as required by management and ensure that projects and initiatives are approved as per CMRM Change Management procedures.
- Minimum 5 years of bank or capital markets related experience with progressing levels of operational and/or team management responsibility
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics or Finance.
- Practical experience in Canadian mortgage securitization either in middle office or operations.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple job demands, work under tight timelines and deliver accurate results.
- Strong analytic, problem-solving, conceptualization and strategic thinking skills.
- Knowledge of risk measurement techniques gained through academic study or practical experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to synthesis thoughts in clear and concise manner.
- Independent thinker and takes initiative to capitalize on opportunities and minimize problems in order to achieve job accountabilities.
- An enthusiastic, positive and cooperative individual who can work independently and function well in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Morag, FIS, Summit, Calypso and Bloomberg is considered an asset.
- Strong skills with MS Office products such as Excel, Access and PowerPoint. VBA and SQL knowledge considered an asset.
- An Accounting designation would be an asset.