Solvay has an exceptional opportunity within our highly valued Composite Materials Global Business Unit to work remote in the greater Charleston, SC area.
This position will support our Aerospace market space.
- Provide field technical service support to major aerospace OEM and subcontractors for new and legacy programs.
- Comprehend business line strategies to establish objectives and customer touch points at assigned accounts.
- Identify and lead resolution of material issues in aerospace composite shops. Act as the “Voice of the Customer” to liaison with the greater part of Solvay to affect a mutually acceptable resolution.
- Advise customers on processing and properties of Solvay products – ability to differentiate between and provide recommendations on product options and selection based on customer parts & applications. Contact levels will range from shop floor mechanics to senior management in procurement, engineering, research/development, quality, and manufacturing areas.
- Identify potential new applications for Solvay products and support Account Managers in capturing new business, assessing market trends, developing business case, and evaluating competitor's materials.
- Accompany customers as needed on Solvay site audits and visits, leading where required.
- Support and/or lead targeted projects in Solvay or customer shops. Areas to include product configuration, capability, cost reductions, problem solving, Lean Manufacturing, etc.
- Coordinate conformance and specification issues between Solvay plants and Key Customer Procurement and Specification Custodians.
- Provide support for customers outside the targeted region as appropriate.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on one or more aspects of composite part manufacture.
- Position will require the handling of ITAR controlled information, customer
- QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of composite aircraft parts manufacture and troubleshooting.
- Ability to lead technical teams, internal and external, on composite part structural concepts
- Excellent relationship building skills at all levels of an organization.
- Good listening, communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have a strong customer focused sense of urgency and drive (action oriented).
- Ability to effectively resolve conflicts and manage problem solving activities.
- Organizational skills to manage multiple projects, customers, and commitments.
- Ability to work within, and lead, teams in support of various initiatives.
- Must have a Bachelors Science in a technical disciple and at least ten years of industry experience.
- A Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent is desired.
- Must be a US citizen or a Green Card holder. Must be able to obtain a valid US Passport and pass a background check.
Job ID GBU004209