Please review the following job description:
Lead, manage and direct the Voice of the Client (VOC) programs. Manageinternal and externalqualitative/quantitative clientexperience and market research initiatives to support Enterprise Marketing,Sales andExperience, high growth lines of business (LOBs) and Executive Management in achieving the Corporation’s growth andretention objectives. Manage highly-complex clientexperience and market research projects conducted from a corporate-wide perspective, the findings of which may have a significant impact on the Company’s performance. Become the client advocate for assigned LOBs, segments, orchannels. Manage relationships with assigned primary and secondary research vendors to include serving as an integrator and communicator of findings from these studies at the company level. Provide guidance, training and consultative support onmarketingresearch methodologies, techniques and analyses. Deliver guidance, training and application support for Enterprise VOC Platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Serve as an expert consultant to LOBs and Executive Management in the areas of client service, improved processing, retention, value realization, competitive intelligence and optimal product/price mix through sophisticated market research techniques.
2. Serve as an expert consultant to LOB managers to formulate research plans to meet specific business objectives.
3. Manage assigned relationships with research vendors, serving as the project leader between impacted BB&T divisions and vendors.
4. In conjunction with management, develop a comprehensive annual research plan designed to help achieve BB&T’s objective of becoming the voice of the client.
5. In conjunction with LOB managers and Community Bank management, support the development of incentive goals and the associated analyses.
6. Provide consultative support to key BB&T sales, service and marketing strategies through the application of sophisticated market research techniques to ensure that enhancement insight is highlighted and communicated.
7. Design, conduct and manage complex research projects, providing tabulation of results, interpretation/communication of findings and strategic, action-oriented recommendations to Executive Management and other senior leaders.
8. Design, conduct and manage primary research, including surveys and focus groups, as needed.
9. Direct the capture, analysis and presentations of secondary data related to clients, markets, competitors and industry to all levels of management, as necessary.
10. Maintain corporate research libraries following all internal records retention standards.
11. Assist with maintenance, training, and consultation for Enterprise VOC platform.
12. Participate in client journey mapping sessions, while maintaining catalog of touchpoints for assigned LOBs or segments.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Ten years of progressive experience in client experience and marketing research and data mining
3. Demonstrated high-level competency in consulting internal clients and managing market research projects, including conceptualization and execution of complex projects requiring the management of multiple resources
4. Ability to lead/manage multiple projects in a highly-complex environment
5. Working knowledge of database environments, such as Microsoft Access, Fox Pro, and DB2
6. Significant experience using SAS Enterprise Guide to extract information from a marketing database; high-level analytical, statistical and financial analysis skills with a demonstrated competency working in cross-functional project environments
7. Excellent communication and presentation skills
8. Expert story-teller
9. Expert understanding of multiple business models
10. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products, with a working knowledge of programming languages, such as SQL and SAS
11. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Master’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Marketing Research or Statistics
2. Graduate of BB&T’s Leadership Development Program
3. Six Sigma or other Process Certifications
4. Advanced market research methodology, modeling, statistical and analytical skills
5. Working knowledge of BB&T Marketing Database