The contractor shall provide and perform the following services in support of human performance program for combat warriors and their families.
- Based on evidence-based peer-reviewed literature train and educate personnel, in individual and group settings, in specific cognitive, mental, behavioral, psychosocial, perceptual, learning, adaptive thinking, human engagements, and emotional control skills, strategies – including understanding, acquisition, and retention – performance improvement and maintenance with documentation of work performed, implemented, and provided to necessary personnel.
- Assist and advise the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in matters relating to mental performance, exercise and sports psychology.
- Provide information about mental performance, exercise and sports psychology factors in sports, exercise, and physical activity.
- Train and educate on goal-setting, performance profiling, visualization, performance development, and planning.
- Participate in periodic meetings to review human performance training provided to patients and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Attend and participate in meetings with other staff members and medical personnel as requested and/or required. Collaborate with the HP staff to enhance the quality and effectiveness of mental and human performance development and expertise delivered.
- Conduct periodic literature reviews to ensure HP stays current with the provision of care.
- Support research conducted under supervision of the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Assist the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in developing and maintaining practice guidelines to ensure consistency of service across all Human Performance Training Centers (HPTCs).
- Develop and promulgate training materials as requested and required by the HP program Manager and/or
- Participate in periodic in-service training for members of the HP Staff.
- Perform other tasks, within the scope of the MPS position description, as assigned by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Collect and report all data as requested by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by HQ and its staff.
- Utilize computers, software, and technologies as required and requested by the HP program
- Manager and/or Coordinator and required by HQ and its staff.
1. Master’s degree (Doctoral degreepreferred) in Human Performance, Kinesiology, or Exercise Science, and/or Sport Sciences with a specialization in Sport Psychology.
2. Certification as a Certified Consultant through the Association for Applied Sport Psychology (CC-AASP) is desired, but not required
TS/SCI Clearance Required for certain positions in the Ft. Bragg, NC area and the Hawaii area.
SECRET Clearance for all other positions
The contractor shall have a minimum of 5 years or more of demonstrable accumulated experience (continuous and sustained experiencepreferred) as a mental performance coach or Sport Psychologist with individual athletes and groups of athletes at the levels of NCAA Division I, Olympic, professional, and/or military personnel in the accompanying, respective settings.