Under the direction and supervision of the Senior Commissioning Engineer; interfaces withconstruction on system turnover to meet projectschedules. Commissions, tests and operates all plant. Provides assistance to client operations group for all systems as they are placed in service. Can be in amechanical,electrical, DCS or instrument and control discipline.
- Implements commissioning and testing program.
- Review P&ID's and engineering documents.
- Supervises/assigns work to technicians and construction crafts.
- Interfaces with other departments and vendors to support testing activities.
- Prepares and maintains System Turnover Package documentation.
- Performs system walk downs and generates punch lists.
- Reviews System Turnover Packages.
- Schedules and works with equipment vendors.
- Submits Start-up Field Reports.
- Works with client's O&M staff in support of start-up testing.
- Works shifts as required to support the project schedule.
- Prepares test procedures as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A.A.S. or 4 yearengineeringdegree or equivalent required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in major power plant equipment and system installations.
- Experienced on GE Mark VI DCS required.
- Must be able to tune different types of control loops, make logic changes, configure and trouble shoot communication links (Modbus, Profibus, etc).
- Power plant experience is required.