At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Data Analyst for our Quality Assessment Department.
- Provide experience in data management, Web development/analysis, and project management to the informatics group.
- Work directly on particular data modeling, data analysis and systems design projects, and work in collaboration with otherdata analysts on the design and implementation of others.
- Continually push the boundaries of the team’s capabilities in quality informatics, and share what is learned with the group, increasing the overall capacity of the group to take on new projects and to apply new methods.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or Information Systems Management.
- We will consider applicants with less than 2 years of relevant experience.
- Expert and/or certification in at least one programming language (i.e, C# or Java).
- Design and develop tests/ complex SQL queries as a part of quality measurement.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to scope out client reporting needs by filtering requirements from multiple parties.
- Understanding of how individual data elements are leveraged in business processes.
- Data Modeling experience.
- Assist with design of workflow diagrams, data models, web site maps and user interface prototypes.
- Work collaboratively with project team to develop web-based application and/or database program according to specified design. Follows best practices for writing clear, concise maintainable code.
- Knowledge of best practices in computer science and rapid software development.
Job Posting Number: 17076