Sanofi Genzyme, the specialty care business unit of Sanofi, focuses on rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, and immunology. We help people with debilitating and complex conditions that are often difficult to diagnose and treat. Our approach is shaped by our experience developing highly specialized treatments and forging close relationships with physician and patient communities. We are dedicated to discovering and advancing new therapies, providing hope to patients and their families around the world. Learn more at www.sanofigenzyme.com.
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Sanofi is organized into five global business units: Diabetes and Cardiovascular, General Medicines and Emerging Markets, Sanofi Genzyme, Sanofi Pasteur and Consumer Healthcare.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Sanofi Genzyme Specialty Care and is responsible for developing and leveraging relationships with Regional Health Plans as well as assigned State Medicaid, to gain and maintain access for Sanofi Genzyme products. This position is responsible for the implementation of short- and long-term business plans that will optimize appropriate coverage, coding, payment of and patient access to Sanofi Genzyme products.
This individual will assess sales implications of short- and long-term actions with each payer customer and take action to move payer decisions in a direction that continue to open patient access to care with Sanofi Genzyme products These actions will be a result of building strong relationships with payer Medical and Pharmacy Directors (clinical and administrative), case managers, and other medical benefit managers. Efforts will include working with national headquarters of managed care organizations and executing pull-through strategies to local offices of the national organizations, as well as initiatives with other large and local managed care organizations. The Regional Account Director is expected to work with minimal supervision and strategic independent thought.
This individual will work closely with Value and Access, Account Management, Business Relations, Government and Sales Leadership, to ensure consistent exchange of important payer information and messages that should be communicated.
This role will provide periodic market updates to Sales Management that link important provider and payer and health care reform trends and issues as well as documents initiatives and their outcomes.
- Implements strategies and tactics to support appropriate, formulary placement, reimbursement (coverage, coding, payment and patient access) across payer customers
- Negotiates cost effective contracts that allow access to our products by providers and their patients
- Maintains responsibility for outcomes in Commercial and Medicaid payers as assigned
- Creates clear messages for dissemination to sales on important payer trends, reimbursement changes, and billing requirements that will affect product utilization
- Represents the Managed Markets organization at priority national payer organizations
- Attends/participates in existing state-based managed care organizations
- Maintains accurate account information in customer database
- Work with the various product hotlines and case managers to assure accurate coverage determinations and resolve customer issues.
- Bachelor's degreerequired; Master’s/advanced degreepreferred
- Minimum 8years field-based pharmaceutical/biotechSales and/or Marketing experience with at least 3years of direct managed care experience
- Established relationships with Pharmacy Directors and Medical Directors within key assigned accounts
- Demonstrated knowledge of payer decision-making for formulary processes, coverage, coding and patient access to drugs, biologicals, medical devices
- Experience in Specialty Pharmacy and patient support services
- Experience with medical benefit products
- Therapeutic experience in Rare Diseases and /or Multiple Sclerosis and/or Immunology biologics
- Experience negotiating contracts and agreements
- Exceptional communication skills that include verbal, written and presentation abilities
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities
- Outstanding consultative and networking capabilities
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to skillfully negotiate in tough situations with both internal and external groups.
- Understanding of organizational behavior, culture and be able to flourish in a complex and rapidly evolving workplace.
- Skill to successfully lead account teams through collaboration with other members within and across sales, marketing, reimbursement and other business groups to improve overall effectiveness.
Requires greater than 50% travel
Genzyme Corporation (a Sanofi company) and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sanofi is a global healthcare leader focused on patients' needs, engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and Sanofi Genzyme.
At Sanofi, our ambition is to be an integrated global healthcare company, focused on patients’ needs. Much more than just a leading pharmaceutical company, Sanofi is committed to transforming scientific innovations into solutions and services that protect health, enhance life, and respond to the needs of the 7 billion people in the world. We trust our ambition to guide and inspire us as we work to create a future with optimal health and wellness for everyone.