Institutional Investment Product Manager
Under limited direction, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience, specialized training and/or certification to collaborate with internal and external departments and other research personnel to lead in-depth due diligence, research and analysis on current and potential investments. Serves as a resource to advisors in due diligence process and investment research. Develop, maintain, and update institutional investment content. Presents various investment products to Financial Advisors, recruits and clients. Leads defined work or projects of moderate scope and complexity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads and supports ad-hoc strategic and operational projects
• Identify industry trends, new offerings, capabilities, and services.
• Conducts research as needed; requests guidance when appropriate.
• Produce deliverables including marketing material.
• May participate in presentations.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, investments and insurance based products.
• Concepts and regulations related to retirement plans.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce presentations, correspondence, electronic communication and maintain spreadsheets and databases.
• Organizational and time management sufficient to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Detailed orientation to ensure quality standards are met without impairing workflow.
• Following-up to ensure resolution and completion of tasks.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
• Research, interpret, analyze and apply information to findings.
• Read and interpret technical and legal documents, and apply the information as appropriate.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Use oral and written communication skills sufficient enough to interact effectively.
• Provide a high level of customer service in a calm, courteous and professional manner.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Maintain currency in assigned area of responsibility including investment and retirement plan products.
Educational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in related field and three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in the financial, retirement and estate planning field or in marketing these services.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
• FINRA Series 7 license strongly preferred.