About the role
The Director of Global Quality Assurance and Quality Control is responsible for leading the global quality assurance and quality control functions across the Abcam business. This is a key enterprise-wide leadership position, reporting to the company’s VP Global Quality and Operational Excellence.
Roles & responsibilities
- Responsible for developing and managing integrated Quality Systems
- Promote the development of a company-wide culture of quality excellence and understanding of the key elements related to the quality system
- Lead the quality assurance and quality control teams in a group of global sites to deliver high performance to meet key targets.
- Deliver key quality control testing performance, financial, compliance, health and safety expectations to meet supply plans
- Maintain knowledge of existing and emerging regulations, standards, or guidance documents. Interpret regulatory rules or rule changes and ensure that they are communicated throughout corporate policies and procedures
- Establish best-in-class quality goals, perform quality metrics trending, apply problem solving, system improvements to meet these target levels of quality
- Partner with suppliers and with distributors to secure highest level of quality throughout the entire supply chain
- Partner with Operation leaders to foster culture with focus on both quality and on-time-delivery
The ideal candidate will hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutical, Life Science, Engineering or a related field and be an experienced quality leader that is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast-paced environment. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within and across the organization and external provider network at all levels creating value and buy-in as a key change facilitator for quality deployment. The candidate will have experience with applicable ISO and FDA standards. Demonstrated success in effectively leading a quality organization, including a history of building a cohesive organization working collaboratively across all parts of the organization.