The essential responsibilities of the Sales Representatives are to work directly with customers to capture sales opportunities and to work effectively across functions with other NetApp employees.
Specific areas of responsibility that you will be responsible for include:
- Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities within existing and new customer accounts; penetrate new divisions and organizations within assigned accounts; develop new selling relationships within assigned partner accounts.
- Schedule and attend sales call appointments with customers. Other NetApp sales team members may also participate in the sales call to help qualify the opportunity.
- Determining if customer has a valid need for NetApp products and services.
- Proposing an evaluation test project to enable the customer to test the product or products in their own environment.
- Determining acceptance criteria that a customer could use to determine the success of an evaluation test project.
- Utilizing a consultative approach, discuss business issues with customer and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal, or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
- Respond to RFP's and follow up with customer.
- Develop an account management plan to sell to customer based on their business need.
- Build and strengthen your business relationship with customers within existing accounts. Ensure that their needs are being met.
- Recommend marketing strategies.
- Provide status information to your Manager including forecast/pipeline information.
- Provide, or facilitate training opportunities for your accounts.
- Identify NetApp customer references that can be utilized when reference selling.
TS/SCI Security Clearance Required and Must be Maintained
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within department and across functions.
- Aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems.
- Ability to convey information clearly and provide analysis as needed to help customer make buying decisions.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- As a seasoned professional with a wide range of experiences, this individual uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Is responsible for a specific geographical install base and large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts.
- This individual effectively works with, and influences senior internal personnel within the function, employees in other functions that support the sales effort, and has direct customer contact.
- Limited management supervision and direction is provided since this individual operates and drives results independently.
- The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert and strongly influences sales team decisions and initiatives. May also act as a team leader and major decision maker for team projects.
Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.