Manager - Tax Technology
11 - 15 years experience • Energy & Environmental Services
Manager - Tax Technology
DuPont Finance has a Tax Manager position available at its corporate headquarters located in Wilmington, DE. This position is a growth opportunity within the Finance competency related to the Company’s intended separation of its agriculture and specialty products businesses.
DuPont is seeking a qualified candidate for the Manager – TaxTechnology role. This role is part of DuPont’s Global Tax Department and focuses on improving, developing and maintaining the Company’s taxtechnology and tax systems. Key responsibilities will include learning the reporting capabilities of our systems, creating reports to improve the reliability and efficiency of tax source data, and integrating tax calculations with software applications. The candidate will be proactively engaged with other parts of the organization and must have the ability to design effective tax processes. The ideal candidate has a broad tax technical background encompassing US federal and state income taxes; global indirect taxes; international taxes and other corporate taxes (withholding, payroll, FATCA, property, etc.) combined with a solid track record of leading Tax related IT projects; project management; process design; detailed execution; and working with tax professionals and otherinformation technology (IT) experts.
You will help the department translate “tax needs” into “IT speak”, liaising with our colleagues globally, fully understanding our technology systems and organization, and leading multi-prongedtaxtechnology action plans from ideation to execution. The Manager - TaxTechnology will be responsible for working with tax and business partners and other stakeholders to define requirements, collaborate on design and process improvements, building, implementing and supporting tax systems and processes, including DuPont’s requirements under country-by-country reporting, state apportionment, and various direct and indirect tax matters.
This role will center on projects related to our OneSource platform, Excel-based systems, external taxreporting / compliance software, and integrating data and models across the tax environment. Additionally, this role will focus on preparing our tax systems to align with significant corporate restructuring activity.
To be successful, the Manager - TaxTechnology must be able to manage up, down, and across various groups within the Tax Department, such as transfer pricing, planning, provision, compliance, etc. This position requires the candidate to collaborate with both internal DuPont employees and external consultants, and work successfully in a team environment.
This role performs a wide variety of responsibilities, including:
- Guiding enterprise IT initiatives to ensure compliance with tax/legal entity requirements, including supporting a roll-out of standard global tax data requirements and local data requirements (e.g., for BEPS-related projects like country-by-country reporting).
- Proactively identifying and facilitating necessary process and technology modifications resulting from acquisitions, significant re-org transactions, taxlaw or regulatory changes, etc.
- Identify opportunities to streamline use of data, identify process improvements and coordinate with the finance and tax team on increasing efficiencies through technology, clearly documenting requirements and managing through execution.
- Developing and managing strong stakeholder relationships to align on tax operations strategy and execution.
- Analyzing “big data” (i.e., leading data analytics efforts) and identifying options to distill big data into usable formats for tax compliance and tax planning
- Engage with various tax functional areas to understand the systems and design reports to improve the reliability and efficiency of reporting.
- Enabling effective collaboration and utilization of data across tax, accounting, IT, and internal and external audit (as needed).
- Helping the Tax Department to streamline and, occasionally, sunset processes that no longer reflect current state, enhance reporting, and simplify data management.
- Maintaining an in-depth understanding of the IT environment, including tax software, ERP platforms, hardware, application development, and related internal control practices to ensure compliance with information management-related policies and procedures.
- Coordinating and negotiating (as required) with external vendors and Corporate IT for installation, maintenance, upgrading, and training of software and hardware components that comprise the taxtechnology environment.
- Partner with others to understand specific business requirements on utilized financial systems and other products to ensure that the systems are functioning as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Implement new system enhancements by gathering and documenting business / function requirements, and partnering with Corporate IT to identify and test.
- Identifying potential tax benefits for the Company associated with taxtechnology developments (including potential qualification of R&D tax credits (as applicable).
- Providing project management and creating roadmaps for taxtechnology projects.
- Helping construct a consistent Master Data Management process and governance policy across the organization.
- Leads the development and delivery of end user training materials. Conducts employee training on the applicable systems in support of functional processes.
- Assist with data acquisition from disparate systems and in different formats including ERP systems, web, databases and excel
- Assisting the regional tax teams to ensure compliance with global processes, and identify improvement opportunities based on continuous feedback.
- Working on a diverse scope of projects, requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment.
10 years tax / accounting experience with significant Tax IT roles / responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, IT, &/or related discipline is required; an advanced degree (in information technology or tax) is preferred.
- 10 or more years of finance or taxexperience, 5-6 of which should be in a TaxTechnology function at a multinational company working with tax and accounting professionals.
- Proven track record managing complex taxtechnology operations.
- Experience with tax compliance and reporting processes is required (e.g., OneSource, Corptax, SharePoint Office 365, and knowledge of SAP).
- Strong Excel and modeling skills, including experience with Visual Basic and add-in tools.
- Strong data skills, both around relational databases and unstructured data, with solid understanding of data models.
- Experience collaborating with IT on multi-year roadmaps and developing specific solutions and projects.
- Familiarity with application design and development, database configuration, systems analysis, and related internal controls (change management, security, etc.) preferred.
- Strong problem-solving, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills to effectively align stakeholders across organizational and international boundaries.
- Ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- Strong experience in advanced taxtechnology topics such as automation and cloud technology will be highly beneficial.
- Ability to drive results, both within internal teams, and across multiple departments and business units. Must approach operations management with discipline and rigor.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently.
- Professional judgment and discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Demonstrated experience of leading global projects with measurable business impact
- Skills to author requirements documents, technical specifications, interface mapping documents, and process flows
- Thorough accounting, analytical, and tax research skills
- Information Reporting experience, including tax compliance and reporting, in a multinational organization environment preferred
- Demonstrates ability and/or a proven record of success as a project team leader that generates a vision, establishes direction and motivates members, creates an atmosphere of trust, leverages diverse views, coaches staff, and encourages improvement and innovation.