Job DescriptionGenesis HealthCare is one of the nation's largest skilled nursing care providers with more than 400 skilled nursing centers and assisted living residences in 28 states nationwide. Genesis also supplies rehabilitation therapy to over 1,500 healthcare providers in 46 states. And right now, we have openings near you.
This position has 24-hour accountability and is responsible for the delivery of high-quality and cost-effective health care while achieving positive clinical outcomes, and patient/family and employee satisfaction. He/she is responsible for the overall operations, integration, coordination and direction of nursing and patient care for the assigned Unit. Additionally, he/she is responsible for ensuring that care delivery is consistent with the mission, vision, values and policies of Genesis HealthCare and in accordance with accepted standards of practice, state and federal regulations and licensing requirements. This includes mentoring and educating nurses, working with physicians and other medical professionals, and serving as a resource to all staff within the unit regarding the quality of services provided. This professional may also provide direct patient care along with the other unit nurses to maintain current skills.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Associate Degree in Nursing, 3 years of nursing experience.
* Diploma, 3 years of nursing experience.
* BSN, 2 years nursing experience.
2. Successful completion of experience in leadership (i.e. head nurse, supervisor, etc.) for a minimum of one year.
3. Current licensure by the State Board of Examiners of Nurses in the Center's state.
4. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.
5. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required
Qualifications SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing with proven leadership experience for a minimum of two years. Knowledge of OBRA and JCAHO guidelines is a plus as well as understanding of PPS. Must be able to work independently and have strong interpersonal skills.