Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The Systems Purchasing Manager coordinates the department's information systems, and for purchasing medication, biologicals, blood derivatives and other supplies obtained by the Pharmacy.
1. Works with the Director of Pharmacy to oversee functionality, maintenance and system upgrades robotic systems, medication dispensing cabinets, automated compounding/filling equipment, and automated narcotic control software.
2. Responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of pharmaceutical contract files.
3. Monitors the marketplace regarding the availability of new pharmaceutical products, both branded and generic.
4. Manages the Pharmacy inventory, including the planning and organization of resources to meet work goals.
5. Oversees the activities of the Pharmacy Buyer and the Inventory Control Technicians with regard to purchasing and inventory activities.
6. Manages all deliveries of pharmaceuticals and other supplies, and oversees the process of returns and credits for damaged shipments received from vendors.
7. Oversees the return of outdated medications for credit.
8. Notifies the Director of Pharmacy or his/her designee regarding drug shortages and other issues that can impact drug utilization within the institution.
9. Investigates alternative products for items that are either temporarily unavailable or in short supply.
10. Oversees the placement of orders with manufacturers and wholesalers and ensuring that all purchase orders are completed and processed in a timely fashion.
11. Monitors recall information on medications and supplies that are maintained by the Pharmacy and coordinating removal and appropriate processing of recalled items.
12. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational & Managerial Competencies.
Working Conditions: Lifts a minimum of 10 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 40 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. BS in Pharmacy.
2. Graduate of an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy.
3. 5 years of hospital pharmacy work experience.
4. Knowledge of budgeting and purchasing analysis, computers, pharmacy computer applications and software testing and implementation.
5. Proficiency in computer skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Registered Pharmacist.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
Job ID 20700