The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for directing, developing and coordinating all aspects of sales and customer development for their region to achieves regional sales operational objectives. The RSM will lead a team of sales consultants for a defined region, develop strategic sales plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits and business reviews; identify trends; determine regional sales system improvements; and implement change.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelors degree.
• 5+ years of related experience required, 2 of those years previous foodservice experience preferred.
• Strong organization, negotiation, math and analytical skills.
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and presentation.
• Must be a strong leader with the ability to motivate both employees and customers to network, develop or close sales opportunities.
• Must thrive in a fast paced environment with the ability to multi-task.
• Must be flexible, self-motivated and have a desire to achieve results.
• Strong computer skills including Excel and sales software.
• This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• 2 years supervisor experience preferred.
• Foodservice distribution experience.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
• Emphasis will be on building market share, expanding distribution and driving new sales through new and existing sales channels.
• Meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for districts in support of national objectives.
• Maintains and expands customer base by counseling district sales representatives; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
• Effectively manages a sales staff; develops the team’s sales skills; outline goals and objectives.
• Accomplishes regional sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees in assigned districts; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
• Recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors.
• Implements trade promotions by publishing, tracking, and evaluating trade spending.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
• Accomplishes sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Other projects or duties as assigned.