CONTRACT SPECIALIST III (MC-17-1284-F)
Bowhead supports Contract Specialist III who is responsible for managing critical contractual formation and management, obligations of high risk and visibility. Requires high degree of independent and creative judgment applied to highest-level goals and objectives of the corporation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
• Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation and administration of contracts or subcontracts.
• Analyzes estimates of service, material, equipment, and production cost.
• Reviews performance requirements ensuring contract is in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications and federal regulations.
• Issue contract and financial program documents.
• Structures terms and conditions to reflect company business strategy.
• Monitors company performance for compliance to original proposal and maintains continual reviews to ensure that all terms and conditions are met and that the contract is in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications and federal regulations.
• Participates and as needed coordinates inter-departmental support to program and proposal teams.
• Prepares and disseminates information throughout the company regarding contract status, compliance, modification, deviation, negotiation and termination.
• Interfaces with Corporate databases and systems to track Contracts and Accounting data (e.g. CLM, Cost Point, etc.).
• Prepares special reports and analyses as required. Champions contract policy and procedure revision and improvement.
• Understands the business case and has an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications.
• Supports occasional day or overnight travel requirements to perform duties away from assigned office.
• May prepare/review/approve contract level proposals.
• May provide guidance and leadership to cross-functional business team members. May mentor less-experienced contract professionals.
• May provide formal training in contract domain expertise. May lead negotiation responsibilities.
• Minimum of 5+ Plus years of Contract Administration experience required with understandings of OSHA, ITAR, and Government Property management.
• Experience with Government manufacturing contracts in a high-tech environment.
• Requires a self-starter personality with superior organizational, interpersonal, verbal, written communication skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must be able to use analytical and critical thinking skills to identify problems (current and future) and possible solutions under tight deadlines.
• Preference for strong Supplier and Customer relationship skill set and track record of results.
• NCMA certifications preferred.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UICÆs Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. Applicants may be subject to a random drug screen, and must follow UICÆs Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes