Bose Corporation is seeking an experienced Payroll Analyst/Specialist with a strong competency with Payroll systems. As an experienced, dedicated payroll professional with a demonstrated track record of performance and process improvement, you will contribute to the success of our Global Finance Service team. In this role, you will be responsible for processing US and Puerto Rico payroll through using our Workdaypayroll system.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Processing status changes, tax changes, some deductions, direct deposits, computing and processing time sheet data, retroactive adjustments and special pays; maintains vacation, sick leave and worker's compensation records if needed
- Compile reports on base and premium pay; posts entries to journals and ledgers; generates checks; and researches and produces special reports.
- Verify data entry by PayrollAssociates.
- Work with outside vendor on Expatriates.
- Work with Time Administrators for SAP.
- Provide wage information for Mexico Tax and other information as needed. Document procedures. UpdateWorkday Team with taxlaw changes and updates.
- Ensure prep and process of payroll system for weekly and monthly payroll processing
- Ensure effective account reconciliations and review
- Work with the Payroll Mgr. on the internal payroll requirements for year-end audit as well as various State & IRSaudits
- Testing of system and tax upgrades
- Bonus processing - system set-up and testing through final processing
- W-2 related processing and other wage reporting
- Run auditreports throughout the year to identify root cause problems and put countermeasures in place to correct any issues
- Review filing of quarterly and annual federal and state tax returns by outside vendor
- Vacation sellback testing and processing
- Oversite of garnishments, Workers Compensation reporting
- Recommendations about payroll and improvements and sourcing
Must have the following skills, abilities and knowledge:
- Processing status changes, tax changes, some deductions, direct deposits, computing and processing time sheet data, retroactive adjustments and special pays; maintains vacation, sick leave and worker's compensation records
- Experience using the HR and Payroll system in a global or centralized payroll service center (Workday and SAP strongly preferred)
- Strong problem resolution, customer service skills, attention to detail, and an ability to analyze data and resolve issues.
- Strong grasp of the end to end business process as well as a strong understanding of payroll requirements, laws, and regulations for employees working in the United States and other countries.
- Previous experience using the WorkdayHR and Payroll system in a global or centralized payroll service center is strongly preferred.
- 7 to 10 years of payrollexperience with a demonstrated track record of process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience in a payroll environment.