Corporate Engineering Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Food & Beverage
This position will provide proactive leadership and strategic direction to the Engineering, Capital Investment, and Maintenance Programs ; to include seven manufacturing facilities.
This includes understanding and management of process engineering, new technology methods, automation and capital improvement projects, equipment enhancements, productivity improvements, and preventative/predictive maintenance.
The incumbent will develop, prioritize, and implement major strategic initiatives and key business objectives in collaboration with senior leadership.
This position directs and coordinates activities of workers and contractors engaged in servicing, repair, installation and maintenance of equipment and facilities. The above duties are performed either personally or through subordinates within both union and non-union environments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the development and implementation of manufacturing processes and needed capital equipment for new products, technology and improvement plans for existing manufacturing processes, including further flexibility for future growth.
- Manage automation and control systems.
- Recognize cost saving opportunities and implement. Be an active leader and participant in the Continuous Improvement process.
- Participate in annual budget formation and capital project planning for all facilities. Operate within set budget restrictions and guidelines.
- Confer with plant management to arrange for equipment to be released from service for inspection, service, or repair.
- Establish policies for inspection, maintenance, and repair of equipment and facilities, schedule repairs and maintenance; assign and direct activities of service and maintenance personnel; and follow up on repairs and maintenance being done.
- Arrange for purchase of supplies, tools, and machinery.
- Contract for repair services not performed in house.
- Understand and enforce all company personnel and operational GMPs, USDA guidelines, OSHA and EPA requirements.
- Develop and strengthen the maintenance support by hiring personnel and upgrading skill levels of current personnel.
- Develop and maintain computerized work order, maintenance inventory control systems, and corporate preventative maintenance programs.
- Direct and manage large projects that support the growth of the company and enhance future development.
- Use AutoCAD to demonstrate and communicate with peers, executive team and contractors on current and future projects.
- This position has four direct reports and thirteen indirect reports.
- 7years experience in strategic capital execution including project design, development and management using broad experience from multiple disciplines.
- 5years experience in supervising others with emphasis in managing by influence.
- Extensive knowledge of food plant and/or distribution facility engineering, process design and capital project management.
- Skilled in facility layout and design, food regulatory requirements, process improvement and team problem-solving methods.
- Must possess significant industry knowledge in material handling equipment, operating systems, controls, and related manufacturing and/or distribution systems.
- Manages financial impact on Supply operations and major outside customers by developing and managing major capital investments and strategic projects.
- Consistently develops strategic business solutions utilizing capital investments.
- Strong interpersonal, team building and analytical skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be result focused and a pro-active team leader to manage multiple projects and meet key deadlines.
- Strong computer skills with AutoCAD experience.
- PLC programming knowledge
- Knowledge and Management of EPA requirements
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) from an accredited college or university; and/or 10years equivalent related experience and/or training.