- The Benefits Compliance Manager reports to the Administrative Director of Human Resources. The Benefits Compliance Manager's primary job functions are to ensure compliance with ERISA, HIPAA, ACA, DOL and IRS regulations, as well as provide the leadership and management skills necessary to oversee the daily administration of employee benefit programs.
- GED/High School Diplomarequired
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experiencerequired.
- 5 years' experience in an employee benefits/compliance focused role required.
- Designations in CEBS, HRCI, and/or SHRM preferred.
- Strong knowledge of all ERISA, HIPAA, ACA, IRS, and employee benefits regulations required or knowledge of most and experience/ability to quickly get up to speed with other.
- Extensive employee benefits experience with a demonstrated track record of working on compliance related tasks preferred.
- Benefit experience with self-insured plans and healthcare plans preferred.
- Basic knowledge of the compliance considerations related to employee wellness programming preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and professional oral communication skills. Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization and a diverse population.
- Must have exceptional, professional and highly effective written communications skills that are geared toward clear communication, policy development, and other related documentation.
- Ability to plan and organize schedule in an efficient and productive manner.
- Demonstrated track record of initiative, flexibility, and sense of urgency that strives to find ways to resourcefully overcome challenges.
Essential Technical/Motor Skills:
- Ability to use hands for repetitive simple grasping and fine manipulation for typing, answering the phone, copying and use of other office equipment.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Physical demand level is sedentary to light. Occasionally may lift up to 15 pounds; stands or walks one to four hours per day; sits five to eight hours per day; occasional bending, squatting, reaching.
Essential Mental Requirements:
- High level of analytical ability necessary to gather/interpret data, problem solving with customer benefit issues, calculate monthly premiums due for various benefits, and perform comparisons of various benefit programs in determining best match for SOMC
Essential Sensory Requirements:
- Ability to see, hear, and speak clearly are required.
Exposure to Hazards:
- Works in good physical surroundings in an office setting
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.