If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for evaluating the credit risk for all current and potential Franklin Electric customers.
Releases orders, processes credit applications, oversees collections, manages credit control, and carries out administrative duties.
Creates customized reports using JDE report writing tools, BI, and CRM.
Provides support for insurance-related matters, such as policy renewal, auto-claims, certifications, and recording of claims expenses, premium accruals and periodic state Workers Comp report filings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exercises prudent control and sound judgment while reviewing orders daily for possible release.
- Follows up on past-due accounts.
- Manages accounts within established terms and credit limits.
- Investigates and verifies the financial status and reputation of prospective/ existing customers by reviewing and analyzing credit reports, financial statements, bank references, trade credit references, and payment history.
- Possesses a working knowledge of global credit and collection practices, including documentary collections.
- Updates and maintains the customer credit files in compliance with credit policies.
- Effectively interacts with customers, sales organizations, all levels of management, credit associations, and banks.
- Travels occasionally to attend meetings and to visit customers (in domestic locations).
- Prioritizes and manages special projects along with daily responsibilities.
- Prepares and analyzes periodic reports for management.
- Prints and reviews monthly and/or periodic customer account statements.
- Prepares spreads to apply unapplied cash.
- Analyzes credit risk of customers looking to purchase products from our warehouses.
- Develops process enhancements and tools to support credit function including training on JDE.
- Prepares period end management reports and provides analysis of results.
- Provides after-hours support for the Credit department, releasing credit holds, etc.
- Works with the insurance broker and internal managers on any insurance-related issues (e.g., certificates of insurance, auto claims).
- Reports insurance claims to record the expense at the end of each month. Documents what is required in each state for insurance certifications.
- Assists with the annual insurance renewals and audits by helping compile exposures summaries.
- Maintains miscellaneous month-end responsibilities such as monthly accruals for bank and insurance expenses.
- Works withinternal and external auditors.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
- Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
- Develops customized reports using JDE downloads, BI, and CRM.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or a related field or five to seven years of related experience.
- Intermediate: Microsoft Office Products
- Basic: Oracle or comparable ERP system
Certificates and Licenses