Responsible for completing projects on schedule and within budget. Responsible for direction of project team, consultants, and other suppliers to ensure compliance with contracts. Provide client interface through the project and control scope, schedule and changes.
• Review contract terms, payment terms and schedule with the client. Establish tax basis and exemptions.
• Prepare project scope of work, budget, schedule and technical criteria in accordance with contract requirements and department procedures. Initiate and direct the kickoff meeting internally and with the client.
• Establish documentation numbering, filing, distribution and control for the project. Review and authorize budget categories for cost control reports.
• Coordinate and direct project team activities including design reviews, client meetings and site activities. Review drawings and documentation prior to release.
• Review purchase orders and subcontracts with respect to technical, quality assurance, pricing and schedule issues. Approve purchase orders, change orders, release for shipment and invoices. Coordinate vendor/supplier inspections as necessary.
• Issue project change notices and client scope changes as required and obtain client approval for price and schedule changes.
• Prepare progress reports, schedule updates, cash flow projections and budget reports. Present the project status to management and issue documentation as required.
• Coordinate start-up and related training programs with the client. Ensure timely completion by organizing the appropriate start-up team.
• Organize issue of project turnover package and obtain client acceptance, project sign off and final payment. Complete project closeout in accordance with department procedures.
• Participate in the development and presentation of proposals to potential clients. Assist in development of client data base and company’s capabilities.
• Perform other department activities as assigned by the department manager or other proper authority.
• Produce and review monthly man-hour reports for active projects. The reports are forwarded to the Operations Services Manager by the deadline required.
• Travel approximately 25% but may exceed that for temporary periods
Required Experience & Education
• B.S. degree in Engineeringpreferred. Training in computer scheduling, project management practices and estimating are preferred.
• 10 years professional experience in designing, installing and operating process systems.
• 5 years of experience in Project Engineering
• Demonstrate leadership and ability to deal with client management, project staff, suppliers and client agents.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Detailed knowledge of project costs and schedule control methods
• Knowledge of process design, codes and regulations
• Ability to work on more than one concurrent project
• Maintain neat and orderly, hazard free work area