Summary of Position:
The Messaging Engineer will provide day-to-day support of the Firm’s global messaging systems. Reporting directly to the Manager of Systems and Operations, this individual will be a technical hands-on administrator/engineer responsible for 24/7 support of the enterprise Exchange e-mail services platform and all related sub-systems. This is a “hands-on” role with an expectation to be physically in the office from 8:30 AM until 5:30 PM. After-hours, weekends, and holidays working will be necessary on an irregular basis, depending on projects and issues. Some travel is required to perform or supervise installations or repairs.
The following are the most common duties/responsibilities of the position, but are not limited to and may be modified at any time:
- Maintain, support, and optimize Microsoft Exchange based messaging systems to ensure uninterrupted electronic communications with applications, users, and clients.
- Support and maintain systems and technologies (Message hygiene and data encryption) to protect data availability, message confidentiality and integrity.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for the entire environment.
- Maintain strict change control on the infrastructure.
- Provide 24/7/365 support for production E-mail systems in an on-call support rotation.
- Monitor and complete requests and incident resolution.
- Quickly troubleshoot incidents, determine the root cause, find and implement solutions.
- Measure capacity and performance trends to determine long-term needs.
- Provide systems metrics, root cause analysis and proactive monitoring and communicate any performance degradation to management.
- Apply software upgrades, security patches and planned maintenance of the corporate E-mail environment.
- Maintain best practices advice and technical knowledge of the Microsoft Outlook client.
- Work closely with Server Administration, Storage, Network, and Security Teams.
- Provide other consulting and technical services as necessary for the successful completion of projects.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Enterprise servers and Active Directory to assist in the installation, configuration and maintenance of servers and maintain user access and system security.
- 5+ years’ experience as an Exchange Administrator and/or Engineer in a large, global enterprise environment, including actual hands-on Exchange server installation and upgrades.
- 5+ years of global enterprise systems administration experience with Windows Server environment.
- Microsoft MTA, MCSA, MCSE certifications strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in Information Technology or a related field.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification desired.
- Familiar with Lync/Skype for Business Server and Integration with Microsoft Exchange
- Advanced level Active Directory administration.
- Experience with malware, anti-spam/anti-virus and archiving solutions for Exchange.
- Experience administering Mobile Device Management S/W (Mobile Iron, AirWatch, etc.)
- Strong skills within an Exchange Multi-Role environment leveraging high availability designs
- Advanced level PowerShell scripting and implementation skills.
- Strong understanding of alerting and event management.
- Strong expertise and troubleshootingexperience with SMTP, TCP/IP, DNS and some level of experience with networktroubleshooting.
We are not working with outside recruiters for this position.