Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager - Technology
This position is responsible for developing, leading sourcing strategies in support of the technology area within the Strategic Sourcing Group. The primary function will be the global category management of IT software and related goods and services. Works directly with executive business partners to develop sourcing and vendor management strategies that facilitate proper vendor selection process, effective negotiation, deliver continuous cost savings, performance and process improvement across the category. Leads the negotiation and contracting process of high value, complex and critical agreements for IT products and services
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead strategic sourcing projects with business executives while running a full portfolio of sourcing relationships.
- Act as consultant to business partners in the vendor sourcing process, communicating approach for vendor agreement negotiations and/or ongoing projects.
- Partner with internal organizations to: define moderate to complex product / service requirements; assist with identifying vendors; run RFx process and evaluations; provide vendor evaluation framework; and make recommendations on vendor selection.
- You'll conduct analysis, coordinate key partner participation (Legal, Tax, Information Security, Finance, etc.) and execute supporting administrative processes.
- You will facilitate efforts across multiple products/brands as well as multiple geographies in developing solutions to problems.
- You build, communicate and execute on sourcing project work plan and timeline.
- Identify supporting efforts, dependencies or barriers. Identify and track any sourcing issues, track and report progress.
- Draft and redline commercial components of master purchasing and service contracts, statements of work, and software as a service and licensing agreements.
- Assist with risk analysis to identify issues (financial, operational and/or regulatory) and develop risk mitigation strategy. Communicate risks and alternative mitigation strategies to business owners and cross functional partners.
- Support clients in management of vendors as it relates to communicating basic contract terms and expectations internally and to the vendor; provide support for contract changes, escalations, remediation and termination planning.
- Perform category management and identify data and research resources in the industry. Track competitive landscape and identify emerging vendor candidates.
- Handle administrative processes and activity reporting as needed to support projects.
Support other business related activities as directed by management.
- 7+ years experience in global corporate indirect procurement/strategic sourcing with a focus in technology and/or telecom; or similar industry experience with vendor, product or fulfillment management experience. Contract negotiation and supplier management experience.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, technology or relevant field
High level technical competence in all core Strategic Sourcing disciplines
Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong discernment, analytical and organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Strong process orientation with project management skills and validated program implementation experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
Great teammate who is works independently while prioritizing his/her own work and resources.
- Works well under timelines and within short time constraints; able work through high levels of ambiguity.
- Capable of working with abstract concepts and effectively communicating conceptual topics to others.
- Ability to work with a complex matrix of stakeholders and businesses
- Ability to manage time to complete work effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to collect, manipulate and use data to drive and influence decisions and strategies.