Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries.
Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Senior Cost & Project Analyst reports and analyzes the cost/performance data on assigned projects, and determines conformity to budgeted and projected expenditures of hours and funds.
Typical projects assigned to this function are Cost Plus and Time & Material, with some Fix Priced contracts that have low contract value and small financial risk to the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide Program/Project Managers with current status of cost for programs/projects. Prepare and issue status and EAC reports as required.
- Analyze historical and current trends to forecast future performance.
- Forecast rolling flash, cash flow, and inputs to the annual plan for assigned programs/projects. May also track other indirect costing functions.
- Draft all aspects of the cost volume, such as written content, cost/price schedules, contractual aspects (i.e. bonding and insurance coverage). Maintain prepared cost volumes and provide audit support as needed.
- Support the collection of Accounts Receivables and generate invoices associated with projects assigned.
- Set up and maintain all projects within accounting systems (i.e. As Bid/Budgets, Chart of Accounts, and the active status of accounts).
- Maintain working knowledge of various government regulations as required by contracts.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Division Controller
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5-8 of experience in performance/cost measurement or financial analysis.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to successfully interact with all levels of the company.
- Working knowledge/background in government and commercial contract requirements.
- Familiarity of performance measurement principles such as earned value, scheduling, IRR, ROA, Payback, DSO, cash flow, and Operating Efficiency.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Security clearance may be required depending on location.
- Strong technical knowledge of financial/cost performance.
- Good organizational skills and analytical/logical approach.
- Ability to collect information and solve problems of moderate complexity.
- Experience with project management/scheduling software (i.e. MS Project, MPM, etc).
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Job tasks are performed in close proximity to other people