The Director Customer Logistics is primarily responsible for operations management, safety, financial and customer relations for one or more customers with multiple warehouse locations. The Director Customer Logisticsl is responsible for ensuring LEAN and Continuous Improvement deployment for assigned accounts and expandiing business with current customers to support business changes and introduce new services. The Director Customer Logistics participates in business development activities with new customers and will typically manage $10M to $30M in operating revenue for multiple logistics/warehouse operations, as well as the complexity level of the business. Depending on the customer requirements, additional areas of responsibility may include transportation, packaging and/or reverse logistics.
The Director Customer Logistics is responsible for leading, guiding, training and directing location managers including GLM I and GLM II at assigned accounts.
- Bachelor's degree in business, logistics, supply chain or related field or eight (8) years of related experience is required. A master's degree is preferred.
A minimum of ten (10) years Logistics/Supply Chain experience in a multi plant/warehouse environment required
Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing complete logistics solutions and project management skills required
A minimum of five (5) years of P&L experience, including forecasting and managing financial targets, required
A minimum of six (6) years of supervisory experiencerequired
Experience implementing a LEAN work environment preferred
Excellent problem solving and oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated leadership capabilities
Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (work groups, peers, customers, etc.)
Ability to create and develop an inclusive and engaged work environment.
Ability to effectively oversee management of profit and loss statements using data sets
Ability to inspire and develop others
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of integrated warehouse operations/solutions, distribution, transportation and carrier management, at a strategic level preferred
- Forecast, plan, manage and ensure assigned accounts meet defined financial targets. Develop and implement mitigation plans as necessary.
- Build and maintain relationships with customer(s) at a regional or corporate level based on operational execution and value creation. Represent Ryder in customer meetings and presentations including Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR).
- Oversee the deployment of Ryder's Lean Guiding Principles and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Hire, train, guide and supervise Group Logistics Managers (GLM) I and II to meet the requirements of the positions within the accounts.
- Manage operations to meet or exceed internal and external KPIs. Implement mitigation plans if necessary. Lead account(s) during peak seasons, special projects, and implementations.
- Identify expansion opportunities with current customer(s). May participate in business development and start up activities for new customers.
- Monitor and hold operations accountable for maintiaining a safety culture that meets or exceeds annual safety targets.