Terracon’s Atlanta, Georgia office has an immediate opening for an experienced Asbestos Consultant/Industrial Hygienist with proven leadership experience. The successful candidate must possess a broad range of asbestos/industrial hygiene experience, strong writing and editing skills, solid business development and client management skills, and proven team management success.
The position will require this manager to create a strategy for growing industrial hygiene clients (business development); to supervise the preparation of complex proposals and quotations to ensure proper scoping of services and project risk management; ensuring the availability of manpower and pricing to render a profit; and to advise, rate performance, and mentor IH department personnel, helping them to advance their careers and professionalism.
- Preparation of proposals and cost estimates.
- Managing and mentoring technicians
- Performing field studies including asbestos, airborne chemical monitoring, noise monitoring, and indoor air quality.
- Investigating workplaces to identify physical and chemicalrisks.
- Developing sampling strategies and required analysis.
- Researching regulatory standards and hazard data.
- Evaluating exposure data.
- Reviewing technical reports and team performance.
- Presenting and communicating findings and recommendations to clients.
- With support from the Department/Office manager perform business and client development activities.
- With support from the Department/Office Manager develop and manage employee staffing plans, recruitment, selection and on-boarding.
- With support from the Department/Office Manager prepare and execute annual business plan for the specialty service group.
- With support from the Department/Office Manager oversee and manage the success of the key group metrics of revenue growth, staff chargeability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrate safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
- CIH (and/or CSP) Preferred. Or, in lieu of a CIH/CSP, a minimum of 9 years’ of comprehensive industrial hygiene and asbestos experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial Hygiene or Engineering, Public Health or Environmental Science.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Must possess strong writing and communication skills.
- AHERA Asbestos Inspector/Management Planner credentials a plus.
EEO Statement Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status. No. of Positions 1 Employment Type Regular, Full Time EducationRequiredBachelor's DegreeExperienceRequired 5 Years or more