TowerJazz is searching for a Senior level Plasma Etch process engineer to lead the area for process development, transfer, and improvement in a high volume manufacturing fab located in San Antonio, TX. The TowerJazz fab in San Antonio is a growing manufacturing site, delivering specialty electronic devices for a wide range of applications and with high quality, low cost, and low cycle time. A qualified candidate will have excellent process and equipment hands-on experience and skills. Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in working with plasmas and understanding of plasma physics.
- Take ownership of the area, and lead by establishing the direction for improvements, sustaining and overall operation.
- Work closely with process and integration engineers to improve process metrics, such as SPC, yield, parametrics, and defects, as well as to achieve first-pass success of technology transfers.
- Recognize the need and define projects for process development and improvement.
- Lead a group of process technicians in projects and daily sustaining activities.
- Ensure matching of newly installed equipment to support production ramp.
- Work with equipment engineering to improve uptime and tool utilization.
- Implement advanced process control to improve Cpk at critical levels.
- Identify cost savings opportunities and drive projects to reduce overall costs.
- Define projects and execute them to completion in order to improve cost, quality and productivity.
- Develop and optimize processes to support new product introduction, and demonstrate manufacturability.
- Ph.D. recent graduate, or B.S./M.S. with more than 5 years of fab experience with emphasis in plasma etch.
- Major in chemicalengineering, electricalengineering, physics, mechanicalengineering or material science.
- Proven strong skills in statistics, SPC, DOE, and data analysis techniques.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with plasma tools and processes.
- Good understanding of vacuum technology, plasma reactors, and plasma physics.
- Some knowledge of device physics and device architecture.
- High degree of discipline and organization with the ability to multi-task and successfully drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understand cycle time, process flows, and material management.
- The ability to analyze problems, and lead the area towards the development of effective solutions.