Senior IT Project Manager
ABOUT THIS POSITION
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of enterprise/strategic projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. Takes project from original concept through final implementation. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Responsible for defining requirements, analyzing business needs, and validating solutions with the client. Details requirements through product development and other functions to support the project team. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems. Note: This is not a career path position and positions will be posted based on company need.
1. Leads the planning and implementation of information technology projects to ensure achievement of corporate objectives.
2. Prepares the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
3. Defines project tasks and resource requirements.
4. Develops full scale project plans.
5. Ensures that project staff is selected and provides daily work direction to those assigned to projects to ensure continuing progress toward completion.
6. Manages project budget.
7. Manages project resource allocation.
8. Plans and schedules project timelines. Tracks progress of projects to ensure timely, quality completion within established budget and timelines.
9. Tracks project deliverables using appropriate tools.
10. Monitors contracts including review and approval of statements of work and purchase orders; maintains regular communication with service providers.
11. Provides direction and support to project team.
12. Constantly monitors and reports on progress of the projects to all stakeholders.
13. Presents reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
14. Implements and manages project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
15. Completes project evaluation and assessment of results including evaluation of team member’s work.
16. Effectively communicates relevant project information to business owners and management.
17. Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and their potential application to projects.
18. Must have regular predictable attendance.
19. Performs all other duties as assigned.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND/OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Five (5) yearexperience in Information Technology project management including:
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Proven experience in people management.
- Proven experience in strategic planning.
- Proven experience in risk management.
- Proficient in project management software.
- Understanding of application programming, database and system design.
- Understanding of internet, intranet, extranet and client/server architechtures.
2. Strong organization skills and the ability to effectively handle multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with IT and the business users
4. Prior experience or certification in project management (PMP) required. Must have the ability to monitor and coordinate progress of multiple, complex projects simultaneously.