Senior Pension Administration Consultant/Project Director
11 - 15 years experience • Financial Services
The complexity, costs and risks associated with employee benefits pose an increasing threat to business performance. An enterprise-wide strategy for managing benefits gives our clients the framework to develop programs that work in concert to help attract and retain top talent in a cost-effective manner so they can offer benefits that give them a competitive edge while meeting the needs of their employees.
Our Retirement team provides expertise in design and management of retirement plans to leading organizations worldwide. Our Pension Administration Group provides state of the art co-sourcing and outsourcing solutions for defined benefit plans.
THIS ROLE CAN BE BASED IN ANY OF OUR WEST DIVISION OFFICES
As a Senior Pension Administration Consultant and Project Director you will source, develop, secure and manage mid to large sized pension administration and outsourcing relationships, and serve as strategic advisor to clients concerning their pension administration issues. You will manage fully outsourced client engagements and ensure all client projects are staffed appropriately. You will also partner with Towers Watson leaders to develop new pension administration outsourcing opportunities with current clients as well as new client prospects and contribute your thought leadership to the overall development of the pension administration and outsourcing business.
- Collaborate with Towers Watson colleagues within and outside the practice to identify, develop and close opportunities to:
Sell outsourcing services to new clients of the firm
Cross-sell outsourcing products, services and projects to existing clients
Participate in the preparation and review of new client contracts
- Interpret current contract terms and strategize on contract renewals
- Meet or exceed revenue, profitability, utilization and market penetration goals for the role
- Manage the overall financial outcomes of projects to ensure financial success
- Ensure that project teams are delivering against established budget standards
- Establish a trusted advisor role with prospects and clients, and provide consistent, superior relationship management concerning administration and outsourcing issues
- Manage the implementation of fully outsourced client engagements
- Lead pension administration consulting projects
- Build leveraged teams that work effectively together
- Develop plans for execution of complex engagements, integrating technology, administration and Participant Service Center project components to ensure seamless, high quality delivery
- Ensure project managers are maintaining team progress against established budget, timeline and quality standards (while you will have overall responsibility and accountability, consultant level staff typically serve as day to day project managers within their respective areas of expertise)
- Evaluate and assure client satisfaction and retention
- Serve as senior pension administration strategist on client assignments, both during implementation and throughout ongoing service delivery
- Ensure that project teams are staffed appropriately and are adhering to established quality and service delivery standards
- Contribute and develop expert knowledge and experience of pension administration and outsourcing best practices, market trends and products and services
- Contribute to the development of new tools, approaches and quality standards related to pension administration and outsourcing services
- Build relationships with internal and external resources
- Drive collaboration, communication and integration internally to ensure the delivery of projects
- Educate other practices and LOBs of the firm concerning our administration and outsourcing capabilities
- Manage and mentor other administration consultants and staff to grow and improve our talent pool
- 10+ years successful experience in managing and expanding outsourced pension administration relationships
- Proven track record of new business development with Fortune 1000 plan sponsors, or organizations of similar size
- Deep knowledge of defined benefit pension plan design and administration issues
- Proven ability to establish relationships and work collaboratively with team members in other practices and at all levels to effectively sell and deliver on client needs
- An executive presence with polished and well developed written and oral communication skills
- Interest and aptitude in keeping abreast of latest developments in administration and outsourcing approaches and contributing to the development of new tools and approaches
- Flexibility with regard to travel that can range from 20-40%
- An undergraduatedegree is required; advanced degreepreferred
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.