Senior Network Engineer / CISSP
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Designs and plans network systems. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for networkarchitecture. Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network systems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new networktechnologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, or comparable experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years hand-on experience is required, with the ability to configure networking equipment, such as routers, switches, and firewalls
- CISM, CISSP (or Associate), GSLC or other IAM Level 3 certification required
- Senior-level expertise in Microsoft operating systems (XP and Windows7), DNS, configuration backup, and government security practices.
- Expert understanding of networking technology (Switches; Routers; Firewalls; Load Balancers; Security Products (VPN; NAC; etc.). Experience with MPLS is plus.
- Ability to solve complex systems problems quickly with little technical guidance, and develop automated corrective measures.
- Hands on experience with router, switch, firewall, and IPS configuration
- Understanding of IP based platforms and addressing, DHCP, DNS, Cisco products and technology, client/server computing.
- Familiarity with DoD Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS), STIGs, and manual checklists
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communications skills; capable of interfacing with all levels of management, project managers, development engineers, Helpdesk team, and other technical and administrative departments.
- Skilled in trending chronic problems, engaging in capability planning, analyzing securityevents, as well as preparing the corresponding documentation.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Professional level vendor certifications, such as Security+, CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, GCED, GCIH, and JNCIA are highly desired
- Aptitude to program in an administrative language, as well as prepare, test, and deploy scripts aimed at improving efficiencies or correcting problems
- Understanding of network monitoring systems, securitynetwork scanning tools (Retina), and Packet analyzer
CSRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status or any other Characteristic Protected by Law.