PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for developing and leading teams. Expected to drive the technology innovation initiatives, ensure the execution of development projects, as well as oversee the sustaining programs for all solution, concentrate and container closure system products.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides strategic leadership of short- and long-term goals for major engineering projects through the use of thoughtful techniques in the communication of the company’s mission and core values as a means to implement positive change and/or create organizational structure within the assignedbusiness unit(s).
- Leading the team and stimulates others through ideas and knowledge.
- Increases the team success through managerial skills or technical breadth.
- Directs the appraisal, development and product launch of key deliverables for R&D projects.
- Responsible for development of products from the concept stage through volume production.
- Approves engineering reports at critical stages or the completion of projects.
- Suggests and debates alternative methods and procedures in solving problems and meeting changing market opportunities.
- Interprets and provides recommendations for change of company-wide policies and practices. Establishes policies appropriate for the function.
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives. Develops and coordinates simultaneous strategies/initiatives for direct departments, and contributes to thedevelopment of divisional/business unit strategies.
- Reviews technical problems and procedures of departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensures all employees within the assigned team(s) understand and comply with the Code ofBusiness Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations; establishing and maintaining effective internal systems and controls to promote compliance.
- Develops or revises Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and working practices.
- Contributes to the generation of ideas and potential inventions to be used in new products.
- Prepares invention disclosures, journal publication submissions, and presentation abstracts. Oversees development of patent documentation. Review patent literature.
- Maintains good documentation practices for all data forms, protocols, reports, Design History files, and laboratory notebooks.
- Significant organizational impact responsible for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and recommending and implementing changes to current methods. Ensures that budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Recognized as an influential leader. Interacts with all levels within the organization to manage functional area. Overall responsibility for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Prepares capital requests and track spending on capital projects.
- Participates in several corporate management teams and project teams.
- Provides leadership, guidance and coaching for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of product engineering center staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technological field required; Advanced Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 10+ years’ related experience.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Director; or 5+ years’ experience in a senior managerial role.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Ability to build up strong management team of senior managers and enable them to execute strategy and strategic measures.
- Experience with continuous improvement and lean principles.
- General understanding or Project Management and the ability to apply those methods to complex projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expert with FDA Design Control Concepts.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, analytical and presentation skills.
- Proficient with PCs and Microsoft Office applications.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job ID 17000JBW