Tumblr is seeking an experienced iOSEngineering Manager with strong technical instincts.
What you’ll do:
- Meet regularly with the engineers on the iOS team to discuss project progress, internalprocesses, career development, mentoring, and general satisfaction.
- Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals ofthe larger organization.
- Take a leadership role in determining technical policies for developing our iOS applications.
- Continue to be active in the development process itself—coding and reviewing code.
- Help hire, onboard, and train new members of the iOS team.
- Create an environment in which your team members are continuously challenged and exposed to new opportunities.
What we're looking for:
- A history of shipping iOS software.
- Ability to write idiomatic Swift code.
- Deep understanding of Cocoa design patterns and API design.
- An appreciation for pragmatism and simplicity in code.
- Knowledge of iOS performance techniques.
- A strong product and design sensibility.
- Enthusiasm for Tumblr as a product.
- A good sense of humor and a love of collaboration.