Basic Purpose and Objective
The Account Manager for the Tiers is a key position within the STANLEY Engineered Fastening (SEF) Global Automotive Sales Team.
The key responsibility of this position is customer account management for 100+ tier accounts. The position will be based out of the Troy, Michigan site.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Ownership of assigned tiers and related quoting. Ensure price and margin align with threshold to maximize revenues.
- Lead annual price discussions with customer purchasing
- Lead/support OEM productivity negotiations
- Work closely with Customer Managers on initial cost estimations
- Lead program/project management (select projects)
- Optimize costs by driving strong relationships with operations and product managers.
- Optimizing timing by driving quality, operations, R&D to meet customers timelines
- Understanding customer specific commercial requirements
- Work closely with Product Line Managers VOC
- Support budget and strategic plan walks
- Leadership ofSalesCoordinator resource as it relates to the following:
- Contract Review
- Own Post PO Process
- Quote Management- Barrier Blocker
- Other tasks as assigned
Bachelor's degree (preferably in engineering or technical field) or equivalent work experience
3+ years of sales experience with an OEM or large customer
Strong customer relationship focus
Strong interpersonal and communication skills