As the Senior Account Executive you will be responsible for new sales and retention business through the sale of consumer compliance, financial intelligence and risk management products that meets or exceeds sales objectives. Customers include a variety of organizations operating in the banking and mortgage marketplace. The Senior Account Executive is required to have strong enterprise selling skills with the ability to lead and manage 9 to 12 month long sales cycles that involve multiple touch points within an enterprise. Additional requirements are centered on developing new and expanding existing accounts; creating and driving cross sell and up sell opportunities- ensuring quarterly sales objectives are met, balancing the tactical sales with the strategic sale, understanding and communicating customer needs to inform product improvements and product extensions; representing Wolters Kluwer within the industry and territory; and ensuring forecast accuracy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develops and maintains a deep understanding of Wolters Kluwer (WK) products, solutions, customers and industry by attending and fully engaging in formal and informal training/mentoring sessions; engaging in self-directed learning (e.g., studying information provided in a timely manner); maintaining an expert knowledge of all processes, systems and applications utilized within the department (e.g., prescribed sales processes, RFP process, complex negotiations, CRM usage); mastering product and marketing information provided in a timely manner (e.g., features, benefits, pricing, intended use, value proposition); learning how products and solutions fit into client processes and contribute to their business performance; understanding the complexity of selling products and solutions to a sophisticated customer (e.g., large national accounts); obtaining and mastering strategic information critical to the market (e.g., interests, priorities, technology trends, financial requirements); identifying, developing, and maintaining relationships with experts and leaders in the field; and collaborating with peers and management to continuously improve (e.g., accepting critical feedback and implementing suggestions).
• Develops strategic plans to support the achievement of sales goals by performing business reviews for each account (e.g., segmenting customer organizations, identifying business opportunities); developing and maintaining a strategic sales plan for each account and the portfolio as a whole; working with the sales management team to ensure all strategies and plans align with corporate goals and objectives; developing and maintaining sales forecasts (e.g., estimating sales pipeline probabilities); conducting forecast reviews with the sales management team; coordinating all activities and resources (e.g., Marketing, Product Management, Professional Services, Finance, Executive) to ensure sales targets and objectives are achieved or exceeded; and regularly collaborating with sales management team and colleagues to exchange information (e.g., selling strategies, marketing information).
• Continuously seeks sales opportunities within national accounts by researching contact information for key decision-makers and influencers within the organization; building daily and weekly call lists to support a healthy pipeline; conducting introductory calls with sufficient volume to establish a full calendar; navigating a sophisticated organizational structure to engage key players and identify business needs and opportunities; seeking introductions to additional staff (e.g., power users, IT professionals, Audit); networking and establishing relationships with key accounts and associations to identify additional leads; attending and participating in industry events and conferences (e.g., performing demos); and managing and reporting all pipeline activity through the CRM database in a timely manner.
• Executes and finalizes the sales process to meet revenue targets by regularly meeting with potential clients face-to-face throughout the sales process; discussing, documenting and fully understanding client business needs and goals; coordinating the Request for Proposal (RFP) process to formally present WK products and solutions; articulating the value of products and solutions, answering questions and addressing objections; coordinating the composition of custom presentations and demonstrations (e.g., using client data); delivering presentations and demonstrations (engaging WCFS subject matter experts as needed); coordinating due diligence requests (e.g., completing security questionnaires); guiding customers and WK staff through a complex purchase and contractual process; negotiating pricing and contract details with multiple teams within the client organization (e.g., executive staff, procurement); understanding WK business terms and contract structure; maximizing profits and minimizing or controlling discounts; engaging additional WK staff (e.g., Executives, Legal, Product Management, Finance) to finalize contracts and sales; following standard protocol to initiate order processing and delivery; ensuring a successful deployment of Risk and Compliance products and services in the customers’ environment; and updating the CRM database throughout the client development process.
• Maximizes revenue for products and solutions within national accounts by regularly communicating with customers directly to keep abreast of customer issues/demands; coordinating activities and resources to ensure that all issues and demands are resolved/fulfilled in a timely manner (e.g., expired license files, invoice issues); working with internal teams to continuously improve the customer experience company-wide; regularly contacting and meeting with clients to defend revenue and maintain or improve satisfaction (e.g., remaining informed of their business needs, reinforcing the value provided); anticipating customer needs and identifying on-going sales opportunities; cross-selling and/or up-selling products and solutions to meet current or future client needs; negotiating price and amending contracts to include additional features, products, or solutions; and identifying and engaging new areas within the client organization for which WK can provide products and solutions.
1. Proactively pursues professional development activities (e.g., attending seminars, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks).
2. Manages time and company resources appropriately.
3. Performs other duties as requested by the sales management team.
• Domestic travel approximately 40% of work time (e.g., client sites, industry events).
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to obtain a passport.
• Ability to travel independently.
• Ability to travel by air.
• Company credit card is provided. Employee travel expenses are reimbursed.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related discipline; OR, if no degree, 11 years of software/technology sales and account management experience.
7 years of software/technology sales and account management experience, including:
• Presentations to prospective clients to explain the business’ products and services and their alignment with the client’s needs.
• Sales of complex products/services requiring in-depth knowledge of the client’s business and product functionality.
• Consistent achievement of sales quotas.
• Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the CEO/CFO level.
• Strong and demonstrated written and verbal communications skills.
• Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles- demonstrated ownership of all aspects of territory management.
• Developing and qualifying prospect lists.
• Forecasting and reporting on sales activity.
• Demonstrating strong interpersonal skills (e.g., networking, prospecting).
• Interacting with people at all levels of an organization (e.g., C-level executives, IT professionals).
• Coordinating customer due diligence process and composing documentation (e.g., RFPs, complex contracts).
• Establishing and maintaining long-term relationships with customers.
• Developing and executing a strategic account plan.
• Selling, up-selling and cross-selling complex product and solution offerings.
• Articulating the value of products and services and their alignment with customer needs.
• Resolving and fulfilling customer issues and requests.
• Working with internal resources to resolve issues and meet customer needs.
• Negotiating and influencing business decisions.
• Meeting or exceeding revenue targets/sales quotas.
• Demonstrating excellent presentation skills.
• Demonstrating excellent written and verbal communication.
• Demonstrating strong planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
• Utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Utilizing Customer Relationship Management software (e.g., Salesforce, Siebel).
Preferred Qualifications: (Includes Minimum)
Master’s Degree in Business Administration.
11 years of software/technology sales and account management experience, including:
• Demonstrating knowledge of financial services, applications and/or market data.
• Working in the Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management or Financial industry.
• Track record of exceeding quota in past positions.
• Previous Sales Methodology training