With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Cost Account Analyst (Level III) to join our Finance team in our Clearfield, UT location.
*TS DoD Clearance Required*
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Cost Account Analyst is responsible for various financial functions such as cost estimating, material pricing, production costs, and financial analysis in a professional team environment. This position reviews complex financial data and cost estimating received from staff for inclusion in various reports and proposals and submission to upper management, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives, price auditors, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Perform direct material cost accounting activities, including cost estimates and inventory evaluations
- Provide material cost estimates in support of pricing decisions
- Develop cost estimates (labor and material) in accordance with RFP specifications
- Synthesize and analyze large quantities of data to create useful information and concise analysis
- Provide financial analysis of monthly spending trends to ensure ROI goals are achieved
- Balance multiple projects and prioritize
- Develop key metrics and analysis for Ad-Hocreporting
- Ability to work independently
- Meet deadlines
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools
- Must have strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Experience in related work such as cost analysis or estimating in a manufacturing environment isdesired
- Years of experience: 5, or equivalent
- 5+ Years of related experience
- Operational knowledge of manufacturing, engineering, and business environments may enhance candidate’s potential for success
- Managing a material budget using cost Accounts
- Quarterly financials
- Bachelordegree in Accounting, Finance, mathematics preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: TS20170410-41611.