Support and consistently reinforce Coastal’s Core Values, acts as a resource for the Project Manager in running the day-to- day project management operations on the job.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assists in fostering and enhancing owner, architect, subcontractor and vendor relations.
- Ensures strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements throughout the company.
- Supports and drives utilization of Coastal’s initiatives and technology systems.
- Conducts periodic inspection of construction sites.
- Assists the Project Manager in administering financial aspects of the Owner’s contract, subcontracts, and purchase orders.
- Assists the Project Manager in ensuring that all subcontracts and proper Certificates of Insurance and Bonds are on file prior to commencement of work by any subcontractor.
- Assists in tracking the expiration date of each insurance policy for the subcontractors working on site.
- Understands Coastal’s Contract and Subcontract Agreements.
- Assists in the document control process for all addenda, ASI’s and drawing revisions.
- Distributes revised plans and specifications to the General Superintendent, field, and all subcontractors as directed by the Project Manager or Senior Project Manage
- Assists in preparing minutes for meetings associated with the project owner’s and subcontractors’ meetings.
- Utilizes Project Management System to:
- Log-in and track Contracts & Purchase Orders.
- Log-in, track and review shop drawings and submittals.
- Log-in and receive Insurance Certificates.
- Create and update Vendor and Subcontractor Contact Log.
- Submit, track response and issue Requests for Information.
- Assists Project Manager with the preparation of the pay application process and follows up to ensure timely receipt of payments to maintain a cash positive project.
- Responsible for submitting for building permits, following up with any issues related to this.
- Tracks all plan revisions, and their submissions to municipalities.
- Assists in following up on contracts, insurance certificates, insurance discrepancies and contract modifications with Coastal’s Risk Management Department.
- Assists in addressing Subcontractor issues.
- Assists with Project Schedule Narratives.
- Takes monthly videos/pictures and distributes to Executive Vice President of Operations for monthly management meetings.
- Sets up coordination meetings with subcontractors.
- Writes up descriptions for Purchase Orders and Subcontract Requests.
- Assists Project Manager with any additional duties.
- Assists in delivering all necessary manuals to the owner, consolidates project documentation and files.
- Assists in obtaining, assembling, distributing and filing all as-built drawings, warranties, certificates of occupancy, and final lien releases for the project.
- Assists in obtaining the release of any bonds posted during construction by Coastal or any subcontractor.
- Turns over to the owner all required Close-out Documents as requested by the Senior Project Manager or Project Manage
- Assists in managing subcontractor closeout, transfer of utilities, owner training, and punch list process.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in the construction industry.
- 1+ year’s experience in estimating.
- 2+ years in the role of Project Engineer.
Knowledge / Skills Required:
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with:
- Microsoft Office suite
- Minimum knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Good understanding of LEED Principals.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Possess Good client management and goodwill building ability.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities between Coastal’s business needs, organizational issues, and sound customer relations.
- A strong sense of urgency and initiative. Able to quickly study and react to complex issues.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to confidently and decisively take action.