Rabobank N.A. is an award-winning, full-service bank serving California communities grounded in agriculture. With more than $14 billion in assets, Rabobank provides a wide range of financial products and services for individual, business, and food and agribusiness customers. Multi-function ATMs at approximately 100 branches, and online and mobilebanking resources empower Californians to bank when, where and how they want. Committed to service, Rabobank’s more than 1,500 employees take pride in improving their communities personally and professionally. Rabobank N.A. is a nationally chartered bank, FDIC member and equal opportunity lender.
Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager located at our Roseville Executive Offices! The Product Manager is responsible for the overall management, strategic focus, tactical execution and success of assigned product lines. Creates product types and manages product enhancements to address client demand by overseeing the design, development, and marketing of products, including compliance, legal, technology, operations, training and marketing, for one or more divisions, or market segments within specified products lines. Identifies and establishes products and programs based on assessments of the competitive environment, identification of market segments, product positioning, pricing and profitability. Reviews and modifies existing products to maximize profitability and meet customer needs through ongoing analysis, cost containment and pricing. Reviews new developments in the market, evaluates potential products, and recommends, coordinates and directs the development of new products or the modification of existing products within specified product lines. Develops a marketing strategy and establishes marketing objectives for each assigned product. Works with advertising, public relations personnel, and production units to develop effective programs to sell the product(s), including product goals, promotions and incentives. Develops and maintains a marketing/promotional calendar to promote products within the product line. Evaluates the success of products through employee and client surveys and focus groups and recommends changes in the product or marketing strategy. Provides initial and ongoing product/sales training for production units. Serves as the product expert for the product line. Responsible for providing product knowledge training to Bank employees including developing training material as well as facilitating training of all products with in the product line. Oversees vendor relationships including initial and ongoing vendor reviews and due diligence.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Ensures the quality of the products and services offered, working with vendors or Bank departments to maintain high levels of service.
- Conducts periodic product reviews to determine product use, profitability, and competitiveness. Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Introduces new products, eliminate underutilized products, or modifies existing products to meet the needs of the market and improve profitability of the product line.
- Oversees the implementation of new products and product changes.
- Provides information and assistance to Management and vendors, when necessary, to competitively and profitably price the product.
- Manages day-to-day progress of product(s) including pricing, product training, sales support, and marketing.
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of the product(s).
- Identifies partnering opportunities for complementary third-party products to broaden company's product line.
- Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, and sales information for product line.Identifies, mitigates and monitors risk issues. Review product operations, customer experience, and customer complaints to ensure any operational issues are discovered and resolved. Monitoring and understanding of internal processes related to assigned product(s).
- Monitors product compliance with all relevant legal, compliance and regulatory standards and guidelines.
- Works with the production units to provide product/sales training, product support, assists with the setting of goals and tracking results.
- Performs all duties as assigned by supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's Degreepreferred, with minimum 5-10 years related Treasury Management sales/ product management experiencerequired including product marketing, presentation, and writing skills
- Deep knowledge of Treasury Management practices. CTP and/or AAP certifications preferable.
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching/enhancing Treasury Management products using industry best practices.
- Past experience with FIS preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office suite and Internet
- Possess excellent human relations, communications, and business writing skills
- Able to cope with pressure resulting from meeting requireddeadlines and reporting requirements
- Demonstrate teamwork in facilitating workflow; high level of cooperation with others and responsive to the Bank's needs
- Exemplary motivation, enthusiasm, and professionalism
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to make and support sound decisions
- Consistently demonstrate tact, discretion, and good judgment
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive information
- Must be able to travel throughout bank's footprint to perform required duties (less than 25%)