Location: Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
Summary: Act as the overall communications architect and Alternate Information Assurance Support Officer (IASO) for the MTC with coordination responsibility with outside agencies and MTC branches.
The Team Leader shall create/establish communications architecture, coordinate communications plans, configure communications equipment, implement Information Assurance processes, and assist in installing equipment and circuitry in support of distributed exercises.
The Team Leader coordinates all aspects of the communications architecture and exercise support plans with communications planners at other simulation facilities, the JBLM NEC, and participating tactical units.
Plans include distribution of data, voice, and VTC over both LAN and WAN in both classified and unclassified modes for simulations/stimulation networks; NIPRNET, SIPRNET, and tactical networks.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
1. BA / BS degree, subject immaterial
2. Experience: at least eight years experience with Military training and training support; have had experience in technical support and training requirements at Brigade or higher level; have a minimum of 8 years experience or equivalence in integrating training environments, planning architectures and stimulation of Army Mission Command Systems in support of unit training events and distributed exercises (Network architecture design and implementation;
MS Server, CISCO, SONET, (MCSE/MCSA)). Will have a strong understanding of technology integration and information flow including LAN/WAN, firewalls, security, storage, and backup methodologies.
Knowledge of specific product lines (Cisco, Fujitsu, Hewlett Packard, Tripwire) Understand the DIACAP Certification &Accreditation process and Information Assurance requirements
5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
Job ID Number: 2017-24026