Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Our global HR team works on behalf of our 41,000 employees to create a culture where talent thrives. Whether it’s the implementation of our holistic “Healthy You” wellness program, the accelerated development of our top performers, partnership with managers to lead successful teams, or recruiting the best people to our organization, we impact the business in a number of important ways. We do this, and much more, without losing sight of our values, ethical standards and the importance of compliance. From the big, strategic programs to the high-touch client partnerships, our HR team is leading cultural transformation at UTC Aerospace Systems.
This global HR team is seeking a Director of Human Resources to join the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) Business Unit within UTC Aerospace Systems. This individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of human resources for the Pratt & Whitney Engine Systems, Engineering function and Support Groups (finance, legal, contracts, ITC, communications, IT and Business Development & Customer Strategy) clients. Today, this represents approximately 2000 employees across 20 different sites. This individual will be responsible for managing 3 direct reports with an overall staff of 7.
Additional responsibilities shall include:
- Managing staffing levels within the segment and function.
- Directing succession planning and employee development activities.
- Managing the implementation and project leadership of HR initiatives including but not limited to – performance management, annual salary planning, and othercompensation related activities.
- Employee relations
- Engaging in a strategic partnership with client business leaders.
- Human resources aspects of any due diligence related to any potential merger, acquisition and divestiture activity.
- Assuring compliance with all governmental regulations.
- The leader in this role will work closely with otherHR Business Partners within ES to manage the talent strategy of the P&L and functional groups.
- Exceptional verbal, written and listening skills
- A minimum of 10 to 15years of progressive experience within the HR realm
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Excellent team collaboration skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Data manipulation and interpretation
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 54779BR