Job ID: 20171005-10133-MW
Are you looking to join a company that is energetic, vibrant and innovative?
Verisk 3E™, formerly 3E Company, delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower companies to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement and create new growth opportunities. For 30 years Verisk 3E has provided clients with the expertise, content, live 24-7-365 EHS support and award winning solutions required to increase chemical and workplace safety, improve product safety and stewardship, strengthen supply chain stewardship and optimize research and development decision support. We are deeply committed to serving our more than 5,000 customers worldwide, including eight of the world’s top ten chemical manufacturers, nine of the world’s top ten retailers and nine of the world’s top ten pharmaceutical companies. Global locations include our corporate headquarters in Carlsbad, California along with offices in Beijing, China; Bethesda, Maryland; Canton, Ohio; Copenhagen, Denmark; Montreal, Quebec and Tokyo, Japan
We are seeking to hire a team member to our Business Development Team. The Business Development Executive position has a primary focus of targeting and securing new logo business for Verisk 3E within a defined territory and key vertical markets. The Business Development Executive will maintain a list of strategic companies that are not current clients and engage these prospects to identify potential business opportunities. As part of their prospecting process, the Senior Business Development Executive will gather intelligence onthe account’s current approach to regulatory compliance and work to position 3E products and service as a solution.
- Plans and executes sales growth in an assigned territory to identify opportunities, stimulate business interest, and close new logo sales through both direct activity and partnercollaboration.
- Utilizes direct sales cold calling, client and Sales referrals, marketing activities, trade conferences and partner sales channels to identify opportunities and grow sales pipeline.
- Collaborates with internal colleagues to strategize and coordinate sales efforts that span key vertical markets and product lines.
- Develop, maintain and work a prospecting list that targets key vertical markets.
- Employs understanding of global regulatory requirements, challenges and trends to effectively communicate with potential clients and discuss product capabilities as an industry expert.
- Plans, schedules and conducts both individual and team sales meetings and demonstrations to communicate highly targeted product benefits and prove capabilities to prospective clients as part of on-site and online sales presentations.
- Collaborates with Business Unit leaders and product teams to leverage expertise, share market feedback and transition projects from pre-sale phase into project management or implementation. Provides regular follow-up to ensure successful delivery.
- Maintains accurate account records and forecast details in Salesforce.com for all direct and partner related activity.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in sales and/or business development. Experience in thechemical regulatory solutions, supply chain or IT systems sales, or EH&S industry (EHS) is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in chemistry, environmental policy, chemical engineering, EH&S, or related business field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to target, engage and secure new logo accounts.
- Excellent leadership, customer management and sales cycle control skills.
- Track record of achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals in a high growth organization.
- Develop and maintain a strategic prospecting list based on key vertical markets.
- Professional communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Prepare proposals and RFP responses and coordinate with cross-functional teams.
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to self-manage.
- Attention to detail with strong organization and time management skills required.
- Versed in Solution Selling or equivalent sales process methodology.
- Willingness to travel; position requires approximately (5) days of travel per month.
- Proficient in using MS Office, Salesforce.com or other CRM.
Verisk 3E is an energetic, vibrant and growing company that is shaping and leading the future of the environmental, health and safety information management industry. Quality individuals who contribute to team efforts are critical to that future. Verisk 3E offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as a dynamic, challenging work environment.
It is, has been, and will continue to be the policy of Verisk 3E™ (the "Company") to provide Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, citizenship, or veteran status. Further, it is the policy of the Company to undertake affirmative action in compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements.