Your daily responsibilities include
- Responsible for supervising and managing staff in the following areas of the Marketing Department: promotions, special events, Develops, implements and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives in defined area.
- Create effective and efficient schedules, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department and provide recommendations; ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to manager.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Responsible for the overall achievement of department customer service goals.
- Enhance guest interactions by providing a friendly greeting, offering directions, answering questions, making announcements, and creating an upbeat and positive atmosphere.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to Executive Management / GM.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Responsible for the management of all property Promotions to include slot tournaments, brand promotions and VIP events. Creates strategic plans and calendar for promotions and host goals. Manages oversight of media used to communicate current and upcoming promotional efforts for the guests, team members, and regulatory agencies
- Responsible for planning and organizing the regularly scheduled entertainment acts for all performances on property. Dress in appropriate uniform/attire based upon event/venue, occasionally a costume may be used.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university in marketing, finance or related field; five years progressively more challenging leadership roles in marketing or operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in multiple communication channels including direct mail, e-mail and social mediarequired.
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have technical proficiency and knowledge in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong client interface and presentation skills preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must have demonstrated ability to drive toward results.
This job will have supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
- Determines recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Responsible for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, counseling).
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Job ID 2017-45133