Director, Software Engineering
11 - 15 years experience • Industrial Equipment & Supply
We are looking for an experienced technical leader to direct the global software engineering innovation, development, and sustaining efforts for our Biosciences Division.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished leader who is able to blend deep technical subject matter expertise with an energizing leadership style. The candidate will have a proven track record of leading teams of highly capable software engineers across multiple domestic and global locations.
The candidate must be able to motivate and inspire their team to overcome obstacles and deliver complex software projects on-schedule and within budget.
This role will also require experience interfacing with leadership counterparts in the hardware, systems, and reagents R&D to ensure success of multi-disciplinary projects. This leader will have to earn the trust of their subordinates, superiors and peers while also creating a results oriented culture built on transparency and accountability. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a track record of consistently delivering high quality results.
Requirements & Experience
- Seasoned knowledge of the software/hardware development life cycle including planning, risk analysis, requirements, architectural design, development, verification and validation testing.
- Experience using multiple software development tools, modeling tools and defect tracking tools required
- Experience with embedded software/firmware, real-time operating systems
- Successful Management of a software component in at least one complex multidisciplinary project required. Experience must include project planning and task estimation.
- Must have experience with state-of-the-art software development tools and methodologies such as Agile development methodologies, specifically Scrum. Tools like Jira, TFS, and others should be familiar
- Successful Management of a software component in at least one complex multidisciplinary project required. Experience must include project planning and task estimation
- Demonstrates ability to design R&D strategies, influence stakeholders, and drive execution by leading through others.
- Mentors managers and scientists and effectively leads group activities.
- Provides leadership and career development guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a matrixed, team environment.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of relevant fields and techniques
- Ability to work independently to initiate, take ownership of, and lead research into innovative software technology approaches.
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering required; Master’s preferred, with 10-12 years of relevant embedded software engineering experience utilizing C# and C++ in an embedded Windows platform
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a Senior Management or Director level capacity within the life sciences industry or relative complex instrumentation product line.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job ID : 52427BR