The Director, Real Estate will support the Vice President Real Estate and Construction in a leadership role with departmental supervisory responsibilities. In addition, the Director Real Estate position will support strategic planning, transactional and project management activities in North America and Canada for a portfolio of 100+ properties, including acquisition, consolidation, and disposition of assets. The Director Real Estate will partner with business leaders within the company to drive efficient use of all real estate assets and to identify/deliver cost savings and efficiencies. The Director Real Estate will collaborate and lead the strategic market planning of assigned areas. The Director Real Estate will assist in developing and implementing processes and tools to deliver measureable transactional excellence and operational performance.
- Talent Focused: We recruit, develop, mentor and retain the best
- Customer Obsessed: We are relentless in making our customers successful
- Fast Moving: We hustle and make it happen…safely
- Team Players: We respect and support each other and put team first
- Solution Oriented: We get the facts and solve problems; find win-wins
- Agents Of Change: We are always looking for the better way
- Professional: We do everything with quality and integrity
- Competitive: We have fun… serving our customers and winning!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Insure Real Estate Managers maintain and update their Area Real Estate Plans.
- Lead overall Transaction Management.
- Review and manage flow of Real Estate Manager generated legal documents including LOI’s, Lease Amendments and Leases to maintain timeliness and adherence to company policies.
- Lead Real Estate committee presentation preparation.
- Coach Real Estate managers and other key support personal as directed by Vice President Real Estate and Construction.
Store Development Responsibilities
- Collaborate with team members including Operational Field Leadership and Strategy & Business Development team members to determine both short- and long-term comprehensive Area Real Estate Strategies, identify efficiency opportunities within existing stores/markets, present alternatives and recommend outcomes; participate in overall business planning as a functional expert. Monitor and report on competitor strategies and activities.
- Source and manage highly effective network of local real estate brokers and/or work directly with property owners to secure the best real estate opportunities within the defined trade areas that meet the companies’ site criteria.
- Manage the transactional process of real estate activities including land and building acquisitions, leasing, lease renewals, site locating and selection, disposition of underperforming stores and surplus properties. Negotiate agreements, easements, and contracts for existing stores and new sites.
- Complete financial analyses, capex forecasts and business cases for new locations, consolidations, existing store expansions or upgrades. Complete any required presentation materials, forecasts, budget analyses and reports of activities in preparation for Real Estate Committee presentation for Executive approval.
- Coordinate with construction personnel, engineers, architects, attorneys and municipal officials to facilitate the design, construction or remodeling of SiteOne stores.
- Assist in coordination of the store opening and closing process.
- Resolve issues and be the point of contact with landlords throughout the region.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in in Business; Real Estate or Finance preferred. Advanced degreedesired.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience, preferably with progressive responsibility, working in a HQ/Corporate environment. Must have experience with managing high volume, multi-state transactions for high growth companies.
- Knowledge of corporate real estate best practices with respect to both strategic and operational issues as well as a thorough knowledge of real estate transaction processes.
- Significant experience negotiating LOI’s, Leases and Amendment’s.
- Executive level presentation skills.
- Exceptional ability to gather, analyze and present business information in executive level reports.
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Proficient with MS Excel, PowerPoint and real estate related software.
- Ability to travel, including overnight travel, up to 25%.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity.
- A positive upbeat personality who believes in opportunities rather than obstacles.
- Well organized, plans effectively and prioritizes time according to what matters most.
- Dependable and can be counted upon to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence decisions.
- Action oriented, self-starter with high degree of analytical problem solving skills.
- Strong team orientation but willing to lead. Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work in a busy environment with multiple changing priorities and deadlines. Must be willing to adapt to the changeable responsibilities of the position.