We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to work as a Fixed Equipment Reliability Engineer located in Port Neches, TX. In this role, you will ensure mechanical integrity of equipment, piping, and structures in the facility by planning, coordinating asset inspections using state of the art diagnostic techniques to collect, quantify, and report results. When necessary, you will supervise contract inspection employees to assure consistency, quality, and accuracy of inspection results.
What will be expected from you?
- Support and implement fixed equipment mechanical integrity initiatives. Monitor mechanical integrity of fixed equipment to drive improvements and corrective actions.
- Provide advice counsel and technical support for fixed equipment mechanical integrity issues.
- Provide Administrator services related to mechanical integrity Risk Based Inspection software.
- Participate with corporate mechanical integrity steering teams to establish initiatives.
- Knowledge of Regulatory inspection requirements for equipment located at the site.
- Provide Site representation on corporate and industry committees involving fixed equipment.
- Review Management of Change documentation relating to fixed equipment to ensure mechanical integrity considerations are properly addressed.
- Provide appropriate level of technical review of inspection reports, corrective actions and repair plans.
- Ensure state boiler inspections are scheduled, performed and documented in accordance with applicable permits.
- Review Non Conformance Reports (NCRs) and drive corrective actions to closure.
- Perform calculations to determine remaining life of fixed equipment.
- Perform risk analysis on fixed equipment using the approved Risk Based Inspection software.
- Prepare Inspection Work Plans for specialized testing i.e. pneumatic, acoustic emissions, etc.
- Evaluate inspection deferral requests.
- Technical resource for welding procedures.
- Technical resource for material selection.
- Technical resource for failure mechanisms on fixed equipment i.e. brittle fracture, Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC), Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI), etc.
- Technical Resource for radiographic testing applications.
- Provide technical assistance utilizing the Information Handling Service software (API and ASME Codes), Computer Aided Pressure Vessel Design program (COMPRESS), and the interactive pipe stress analysis program (CEASAR II).
- Must have flexibility to work off-shifts during turnarounds.
- Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Assists other employees in accomplishments of Huntsman company goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in Environmental, Health & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering and a minimum of 5 years relevant Plant Inspection, Reliability or Maintenance Engineering in a petrochemical or refining facility required.
- Required to have one or more of the following: API 510, 570, 653, Certified Weld Inspector (CWI), National Association of Corrosion Engineers.
- Must have or be able to obtain current TWIC certification.
What can we offer you?
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. We are a global specialty chemical company with locations in 30 countries around the world, employing over 11,000 associates. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service – and the list goes on. The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, vision and dental, basic life insurance, AD&D insurance, and 401k. Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.