Business Office Director - Patient Financial Services Director
Due to continued growth of Acadia Healthcare, we have a new opportunity for a Business Office Director.
This position will report to the CFO and be responsible for managing all aspects of billing and collecting patient accounts. This position provides direction to business office staff including Financial Counseling, Billing, Collections and Data Entry. Works closely with CFO to achieve facility goals for AR days and Collections.
- Monitors and reports on key metrics such as cash collections, days outstanding, unbilled, denials, etc., in conjunction with the CFO.
- Establishes and maintains controls for all cash collected and posted in Patient Accounting system.
- Maintains effective communication with third party insurance carriers to resolve issues that impede cash flow and detract from patient/member satisfaction.
- Maintains effective communication with the leadership team to ensure that all third party compliance guidelines are met.
- Selects and monitors outside collection vendors engaged in the collection of facility receivables. Reviews and balances agencyand HMS system reports.
- Leads and provides operational directives for all Business office activities related to the claims management and collections of the patient’s receivables and ensures timely, efficient cash collections to support the overall financial goals of the facility.
- Define and provide the necessary support and leadership to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Reviews all statistical reports to monitor trends and determine operational deficiencies and implements corrective action plans as necessary.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience as a hospital business office director or supervisor.
HMS/Medhost experience preferred.
- Inpatient experience required.
- Business Degree preferred.
- Experience with Self and commercial insurance required.