As Treasury Canadian CMO is geographically separated from the Treasury head office, it places the responsibility on the incumbent to be the face of Treasury Operations in both Waterloo, Montreal and Toronto. The incumbent must often champion Treasury’s causes interacting with senior managers within the Canadian Division business partners located in Waterloo and Montreal. Additionally, the incumbent must assist the AVP, Treasury North America CMO in fostering the rapport with those senior managers to ensure that the business partners’ directives and initiatives are compatible with Treasury’s. Key Accountabilities
- Oversee the work of direct reports to ensure consistent, high quality sustainable cash and payment settlement services to the operating business units. Manage and constantly adjust the efforts and direction of staff to meet the changing needs of the business units while undertaking Treasury initiatives as well as maintaining a high level of service on day to day support functions.
- Act as cash management operations expert with an overall mandate to support business partners with the best quality, efficient, and cost effective financial services using technology as well as innovative and control-oriented banking solutions. Continuously review the needs of business partners against external marketplace and current/emerging trends within the banking industry. Identify any gaps in current processes or practices and recommend plan to address those gaps.
- Ensure execution of daily Treasury CMO functions on timely and complete basis with strict compliance with established Corporate and internal Treasury policies and control procedures.
- Serve as escalation point of contact for any inquiries raised by business units or US banking partners, support on all escalated issues through analysis, recommendation and implementation of required solutions efficiently and effectively.
- Provide timely customer service support to both internal and external clients with regards to any collection or disbursement activities which Treasury CMO service.
- Interface and resolve directly with our banking partners any daily banking related matters, review and assess impact of any banking initiatives which impact Treasury CMO and follow-up on Treasury intake process associated with these initiatives.
- Support new product offerings by designing cashflow banking models and recommending appropriate banking products to support these initiatives. Requires strong influencing and negotiating skills at all levels of senior management.
- Establish and review all documented Treasury CMO processes to ensure currency and completeness, and that staff are made aware of any changes; moreover, a process is to be implemented to ensure ongoing currency and completeness of process documentation.
- Assist with SOX and otherinternal audit exercises.
- Act as Relationship Manager for all Canadian business partners in relation to any business partners’ initiatives which impact or require support from Treasury US CMO, understanding impact/requirement, support business units in completing intake forms as well as preparation of high level requirements from Treasury US CMO perspective.
- Provide leadership and manage the impact on Treasury US CMO arising from business/system initiatives, that is, analyzing the feasibility and impact of business and systems initiatives, identifying and developing project related tasks/effort requirements, allocating resources and managing timelines, contributing to test plans and required user acceptance testing and coordinating implementation.
- Identify process improvement opportunities in areas of responsibility, define business user requirements, work with Treasury Systems to develop, test and implement a viable solution to enhance efficiency and generate productivity gains in day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring of staff including the execution of performance appraisals. Support and direct career development on staff and create an engaged and motivated team that demonstrates the Treasury Operations values of collaboration and commitment to excellence.
- Provide staff learning and development opportunities to acquire skill and knowledge required to perform assigned duties.
- Support escheatment compliance requirements for the areas that Treasury CMO has specific accountability/oversight role.
- Interact proactively with other Treasury CMO colleagues on standardizing and implementing control procedures on execution of cash collection and disbursement processing across offices.
- Thorough knowledge of the Cash Management industry
- Strong leadership skills required to motivate staff in a wide variety of tasks
- Familiarity with Treasury CMO Intake process and Project Management Framework
- Strong relationship management and decision-making skills with the ability to influence and negotiate while maintaining positive and effective relationships with business partners
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approach in recognizing and addressing issues
- Strong attention to detail
- 7-10 years Treasury Management experience
- The geographic distance of Waterloo and Montreal Cash Management Operations from Treasury’s other units requires this position to interact independently with Canadian Division senior managers to ensure their business objectives are in synch with Treasury’s and remotely with other Treasury and Systems teams and Business Units.
- Service a wide array of diverse business units and varied legal entities
- Complex matrix management environment requiring results to be presented to Treasury, insurance operating units, legal & tax
- Must strike a balance of meeting the cash management needs of the business units, while maintaining the requisite level of Treasury controls;