As fraudsters continue to become more sophisticated, TD’s Enterprise Fraud Analytics Platform (EFAP) must transform by leveraging the latest in advanced AI and cognitive analytic technologies to improve fraud detection while maintaining a positive experience for legitimate customers. This platform will deploy exciting new capabilities which will allow for multi-product and multi-channel fraud detection, advanced analytics and artificial intelligence (AI), a 360o view of the customer and the ability to support new enterprise capabilities and products such as Payment Hub and Digital ID.
About This Role
- As the EFAP Program develops, the Senior Development Manager will drive the growth of the team and transition core capabilities from the vendor to TD. This includes setting up an ETL and data management practice within the Program to support development associated with multiple components including IBMs Infosphere Information Server (IIS)/ Data stage for ETL jobs that can place data in IBM Big Insights (big data processing and a Hadoop framework) and DB2.
- The candidate must have strong ETL, application and integration development experience and deep proven experience with application architecture and design. They will lead the development team of onshore and offshore development resources in delivering ETL code for EFAP product launches and work with the Release Manager to ensure release packages are comprehensive and error free. Further, the Senior Development Manager will manage application interdependencies for each EFAP product launch and create and own estimates for development deliverables.
Development Management Leadership:
- Actively provide Senior level technical, procedural and organizational advice and guidance to the development team engaging other parties when necessary and facilitating the necessary discussions leading to timely and correct technical decisions and/or problem resolutions
- Ensure that development best practices such as e.g. nightly builds, integrated builds, peer code reviews, incorporation of design patterns, etc. are continuously put in place and affirmatively followed by the development team
- Research/analyze business requirements to evaluate and recommend optimal solutions. Apply industry knowledge to provide solutions that increase business results and/or minimize risk.
- Influence from an architectural perspective within the business environment, and fulfill a data/service governance role.
- Ensure that source control including versioning, labeling, branching, code merge and other code maintenance procedures are meticulously followed by the development team.
- Ensure that the software deployment process is built to assure efficient, secure and error-free software publications, environment build-up and execution of testing cycles by development and partner testing teams.
- Ensure Change Management process is followed for any EFAP production changes
- Identify, recommend, source, negotiate and implement emerging, developments and improvements/solutions (buy/build/reuse).
- Ensure currency compliance (hardware, software)
- Assist in the creation of the development plan and execute development plan within budget and as per the approved project plan.
- Manage day to day vendor relationships (liaising with Vendor Management) including reviewing vendor invoices
- Manage technical interdependencies across projects/applications in the portfolio
- Support effective project handover with the support team and provide post warranty support
- Drive the execution and delivery of projects and software releases that are on time and in accordance with agreed-to design, quality and process standards.
- Be the driving force to implement best engineering practices including project development, test and operations, making the development process predictable, repeatable and scalable while continuously increasing the output and performance of the group.
- Recruit, develop, motivate, mentor and retain a high performance team and be responsible for the overall direction, coordination and continuous evaluation of the team.
- Build and maintain engineering metrics showing application health, team performance, and schedule compliance
- Participate in sprint planning and code review
- Look for opportunities for continual improvements in applications and processes
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Ensure a scalable process and technologies with a focus on high availability
- Adapts to changing and evolving business priorities by offering options and constructive ideas on how to achieve the goals given the realities of time and resources
- Provide timely estimates and on-going progress and transparency of work using tools like Jira along with updates in daily stand-ups
- Keep abreast of technology trends and best practices
- Work with the Platform Manager in managing all environments, including Production and pre-production (Model Development and Integration Testing)
- Support for audit requests and requirements including coordination with TS Partners
Team and Relationship Building:
- Foster relationship with the Fraud business and closely collaborate with the Design Team, Solution Architect, and the business to align technology roadmap and business product planning
- Provides general management and overall team leadership for our development team members, and required to provide regular input into team members’ assessment of performance.
- Build and manage relationship with other peer-teams and groups including TCO, Environment and Data Management, Architecture, ITS, TRMIS, etc.
- Prioritize and manage own workload and the workload of development team members to deliver quality results and meet timelines.
- Define team member roles and expectations, and ensure timely feedback. Ensure that development resources receive any necessary training and are used effectively.
- Facilitate and support personal development plans, career aspirations, and succession planning.
- Lead team staffing ensuring hiring and development of a highly proficient, cohesive software development team.
- Ensure maximum resource utilization; engage and release resources in timely manner.
- With poise and confidence, ability to facilitate and lead in-depth technical discussions, in a detailed manner that anticipates questions.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to support / develop sound business cases with an on-going focus on reusability, scalability, innovation and enterprise-wide solutions
- Negotiate and influence technical decisions.
- Succinct ability to map future technology trends while staying grounded in today’s market.
- Extremely detailed–oriented, methodical.
- Ability to deal with complex systems or problems.
- Translate ideas into technical and business realities
- 7+ years of experience in leading development team comprising of Developers, Solution Designers and BSA
- 3+ yearexperience with Agile development practices (Scrum, XP, etc.)
- 3+ Experience with continuous integration application delivery, including provisioning, deployment, testing and version control with SDLC and Agile/Scrum.
- 5+ years of developing large-scale system development, data modeling, and performance tuning.
- 5+ years of experience in leading development efforts to deliver solutions using technologies like ETL (InfoSphere Information Server (IIS) (Data Stage, Quality Stage, Information Analyzer, Informatica and Ab initio etc)
- 4+ years of development experience of ETL (InfoSphere Information Server (IIS) (Data Stage, Quality Stage, Information Analyzer or Informatica or Ab initio etc), with Big Datatechnologies like (IBM BigInsight or Cloudera or Hortonworks).
- 2+ previous development experience of DB2 or MS SQL or Oracle SQL (or equivalent technologies) to lead the team.
- Specialist in Triage and general problem resolution related to data load, transformation and automated load.
- Ability to engage in deep technical issues, solve problems and provide technical directio
- Experience in development methodologies (SDLC, PDLC, Agile).
Specific Educational Requirements and Accreditations
- University degree in technology, computer science or engineering or equivalent experience